Traveling to Hanoi mid November, looking to meet locals or expat :-)

Hi everyone,
I'm going to travel by myself to hanoi November 12th.
As I've never been there before, I'm looking to meet locals or expat for advice during my trip. We can hang out, have dinner/drinks, etc.
About me, I was born and grew up in Paris France, move to Beijing 4 years ago. So if you ever come to Beijing China. So if you ever come to China (France if I'm there) i can definitely show you around. I speak French, English, and Chinese. I'm outgoing, and like to meet new people.

See you soon in Vietnam!! :-)
Vincent

Salut Vincent,

If you want to have some coffee with me in old quarter of Hanoi to discuss things, pls do not hesitate to drop me some words at hoahoangvn(at)gmail.com. We can speak 2 languages in common.

Have a good trip in Việt Nam!

Hello, thanks a lot, I'll probably book an hostel near the old quarter. I was wondering, is Hanoi OK at the moment? Im a bit afraid because of the typhoon. My flight is tomorrow afternoon to Hanoi, and I'm considering canceling it. Do you have more info about it by any chance? Thanks

It's fine. The typhoon is at somewhere else. But it may rain for few days in Hanoi. If you come a bit later, it would be better.

OK great, maybe I'll change my flight to ho chi min first then.
Will keep you posted, thanks for the info. :-)

hey, I'm in hanoi. I'm staying in the old quarter. doing to halong bay trip tomorrow. anyone wants to hang out tonight?
Vincent

I am travelling this week. Sorry for any coffee hour that may be missed.
Enjoy!

hi there,
a lovely place to visit ......hotel is cheap and food great ..... a few places to visit halong bay take 2 night 3 days tour it is cheap range from 60 to 75 USD. buy yr ticket from one of many tourist agent in the old quarter. 
lots of bikes on the road ... so watch out for the  bikes. ifyou ride .. pretty safe to ride ..pretty safe place ...
enjoy your trip ....
Paris is shit expensive if compare with hanoi.
old quarter is ok ....for tourist ...

prefer country life in vietnam ....try also hui-an and Danang..
if you care to stay in touch ..return your email here.
philip