How long do you intend to work in Saudi?

Guys,

Im opening this thread to know exactly how long does one plan to work in Saudi max say ur contract gets renewed every 2 years?

My plan is minimum 3 years and maximum 4 years. How about the rest?

I have heard that people usually plan for 2 years but end up staying for 20 years. My target is to built a couple of units of property in my home country, no matter how much time it takes :).

vramakr wrote:

Guys,

Im opening this thread to know exactly how long does one plan to work in Saudi max say ur contract gets renewed every 2 years?

A lot of people came here or still come here thinking about a fixed tenure. Once you are caught up in the expat life & benefits that brings with it most people continue and forget the previous promises made to self.

hahahaha well I hear the same from many ppl tho. Especially due to the bonus w'out tax.....lets see if my plan sustains.

vramakr wrote:

hahahaha well I hear the same from many ppl tho. Especially due to the bonus w'out tax.....lets see if my plan sustains.

:D:D Lets see........

i'm here only on a short assignment for 4 months, retaining my contract with my employer back home.

I could be tempted to move out here for longer if the offer was right

Ur an Optimistic person Stevie....to be frank, I started to enjoy Saudi now as life seems to be more laid back and relax especially in working env. Back at Malaysia, we used to work very late hours and too much of stress and pressure on KPI and goals and to add less salary.

Here I ask my boss how if we dont achive KPI's, he told me, we dont have KPI's, Khalas! heheheheh aint that wonderful.:cool::cool::cool:..and being single again gives me more time to relax and NO HOUSE CHORES....hehehehe I didnt bring family over...:D:D:D

I was born and raised here.  Other than 7.5 years studying outside, I have spent the rest here.

Hopefully, I will leave in end of May, hopefully never to return again :cool:

I came here with the a 5-year plan set in mind, but now I am having mixed feelings on how long I plan to stay. I might complete 1 cycle here (2 years) and maybe try out for opportunities in other countries after that. No solid plan on when I will go back to Malaysia for good at the moment though.

Hi Modjo,

it has been 2 years since your last posting on 1 cycle 'thing' and I see you still around in Jubail..
Guess you are going to extend another 1 cycle huh....  :D:D

Hello Joe, I guess Modjo is settling down here....

Hey there GiJ0e, vramakr - well, the "cycle" is about to end soon and I am trying out for other possibilities elsewhere  :D But let's see how things go, Jubail is not too bad really.

HRGuru wrote:
vramakr wrote:

Guys,

A lot of people came here or still come here thinking about a fixed tenure. Once you are caught up in the expat life & benefits that brings with it most people continue and forget the previous promises made to self.

This. This makes a lot more sense now. Hahahaha.

i am 11 years and on going :D

11 yrs ago.. I came here with 2 yrs contract. Stayed for 10 years  :D I was home for 10 months and here I am.. Back to the dessert :top:  to be honest.. Another 10 won't be such a bad idea  ;)

@justnoone, @Masita - Way to go, both of you! 10+ years is not a simple feat.

modjo wrote:

@justnoone, @Masita - Way to go, both of you! 10+ years is not a simple feat.

thanks, but, as you can see, there are more people in our company who are 15yrs and up.. ;)

I am planning to have a "lifetime" contract with my company. :thanks:

I came here with a 5 year plan and that's almost done and now I think another 5 is doable  ;) so let's see !!

14 long years that went past so fast for me. Another 14 might go and I might still feel the same.

I want to stay as long as possible! Not less than 10 years. When I return to South Africa I want to retire!😁

What's the situation guys. I am still here, almost ten years now :).

Last posted on this thread 8 years back .....