Iqama transfer for Bangladeshis after Amnesty period ending 3rd Nov

Dear all,

Can you please advise on this case? I'm planning to change my job.  Being a Bangladeshi national, it was banned for us to change the kafeel until the start of Amnesty periods.  I've got a new job (just yesterday) and now worried.  Will I be able to transfer my Iqama to new sponsor/employer after 3rd Nov?

Please let me know if you heard/know any news on this.

Thanks

I don't know the answer to your question, but why was it banned for Bangladeshis to transfer during amnesty period?  So before amnesty period they could transfer but during they couldn't?  That doesn't make any sense.  And I didnt read anything to that effect in the papers.

After the amnesty period ends, iqama transfers can still be done (assuming one is currently working for their sponsor) but they will be difficult like before the amnesty.

Thanks for your reply.  It's the other way actually.  It was banned since 2008 until early 2013.  Iqama transfer was then opened during the amnesty period but I'm afraid they'll close it again.

Sorry I misread your first post.  I understand.

So if it was banned before the amnesty period, it might be banned again after.  Once the period ends, I am sure you will be able to find out from your country-mates.

So anyway, why was it banned in 2008?  That's not fair, no matter what the reason is.

P.S. Perhaps if you can submit the paperwork for the transfer tomorrow, it might work?

I can't submit the papers without giving the 30-days notice to my current employer.

The transfer was banned due to huge media campaigns about crimes by some nationals.

The ban for transfer for Bangladesh nationals will be back in effect after the amnesty.

Are you sure? Are they going to open again anytime soon?

abd123 wrote:

Are you sure? Are they going to open again anytime soon?

No one can tell you except any Ministry :)

Yeah I'm searching for some answers but no news yet.