Procedure of converting spouse visa to working visa

Asslamu alaikum 

I want ask a question that my wife is Dr and got Visa through

Minstry of health for Jeddah and I m going with her on spouse

visa. and some one told me that on spouse visa u cannot work

there .so what is the procedure to convert into working visa.

JAZAKALLAH

Yes you cannot work they will write in your residence visa that you are not allowed to work

Hi ajwad,

Welcome to Expat.com

Maybe a brief introduction of yourself please? ;)

A new thread has been created on the Riyadh forum from your post for more visibility.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Find A good job who (company) could do "transfer of sponsorship"

UmairMansoor wrote:

I don't think it's possible to transfer your iqama to a company if you've come on spouse visa. The only possible way is perhaps finding job in a company that is willing to offer a new visa so you could fly back to your country and come back to Saudi on that company's visa.

xubair wrote:
UmairMansoor wrote:

I don't think it's possible to transfer your iqama to a company if you've come on spouse visa. The only possible way is perhaps finding job in a company that is willing to offer a new visa so you could fly back to your country and come back to Saudi on that company's visa.

You are right @xubair. That is what has been happening since decades.

However, changes are currently being observed in many many things these days. I'm not very sure but I think it's not impossible (at least) any more.

I know someone recently who changed from Spouse Visa to Work visa, but she is a female and it was during this amnesty period.
not sure if different procedures/rules will apply for a male though...

I know of someone who changed from spouse visa (male) to work visa locally, but this was a few years ago.  Don't really know what the law said at that time, or what the law says now.  But remember, it doesn't really matter what the law says in this country; everything is impossible here, and any thing is possible, given enough money and/or connections.

Best thing to do is to come here, find a job, and then try to convince the company to change your visa here.  If they can't, go back and come back on a work visa.

I agree, Mahrams cannot change sponsorship to companies. It was possible during the amnesty period though, but now that its ended I dont think it will be possible any more.