Hello from the USA

I am a female from the USA in Montana.

Have a friend from Nigeria who wants to become an expat.  Trying to find contacts for him in Lagos.  He is transferring to Lagos from Benin City, Nigeria within the next couple of weeks. 

Ladybug Girl

Hi Ladybug Girl,

Please note that I have moved your post on the Lagos forum for better visibility.

Perhaps a few words about your friend could be useful for other members to know him better.

Thank you :)

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

which area dose he want to reside in Lagos, mainland or island?...what kind of help dose he need?

Hey dear,

Is your friend moving to Lagos to work? Is your friend male or female? What kind of help or advice do you need? What part of Lagos is he/she moving to? Does he/she need an accommodation? cheers!

Hi:

Thanks for the kind reply.  My friend is male.  His name is Sule.
Yes he is moving to Lagos for a job.  He has a week to get ready and then he must be at his new job.  He interviewed yesterday and got the job.

All that said though he needs to find a pretty cheap accommodation for the first month (he has a tight budget till he can get started) and then something much better after that.

I am not quite sure which part of Lago he will be working in.  We are thinking it may be Ikeja(?) but I won't know till I talk to him tomorrow.

By the way he is Christian not Muslim.  Do you have any suggestions?

Patsy

Hi Patsy, Congratulations to Sule for getting the job. Where is Sule from?

However, if he will be staying in Ikeja, he needs to get an apartment around Ikeja. But to get a cheaper apartment for one month can be difficult.

However,There is a place in Yaba that offers a monthly accommodation, its a serviced one room apartment and it for N45,000 per month. I guess that should be okay for Sule if he is interested.

If he is interested, I will send you the Estate Agent's number so that Sule can call him for the accommodation. But I will check if I can help find a cheaper apartment in Ikeja though. I will get back to you later. Cheers!

Hey Patsy,

There is a 1 or  2 bedroom apartment all ensuite in Omole Phase 1, not far from Ikeja, Lets say about 20 minutes drive to Ikeja.

Facilities include;
Bar, Restaurant and laundry services
2 General lounges
Kitchen Fitted with Gas Cooker, Water Dispenser, Refrigerator etc
Stand by Generator
DSTV and Internet facilities
Only 25 mins drive to International Airport

Price:
1 bedroom - 70,000 per week
2 bedroom - 170,000 per week

If Sule will like this, let me know so that I can give you the agent's phone number.

Hi:

Thanks for the information.  Yes please send me the Estate Agents number and do these one room apartments have any cooking accomodations anywhere.  I am assuming there is shared bathroom and shower facilities?

Patsy

Okay, no problem dear. The one room serviced in apartment in Yaba - N45, 000 does not include cooking facilities, they do not allow cooking but the bathroom and shower facilities are ensuite, not shared. Its a serviced apartment with electricity, the building has its own supermart where you can get toiletries etc.

I will send you the Estate Agent's number in a mail. Cheers.