Private health insurance is it needed for self sufficiency ID app?

Hi guys do I need private health insurance if I'm applying for the ID card as self sufficient or is the uk/eu link enough?

If so can any one guide me to cheap insurance as I don't want to pay over the odds if someone knows of very reasonable ;) insurance?

Please pm me with any details so it doesn't become an advert.

Thanks in advance Jay.

Hi Jay,

Have a look a this thread, it may help you with your query.

Cheerio,
Antonio

Thanks Antonio.

I missed that one,

So as Smeddie says the reciprocal health agreement should suffice? Only asking as several others are still talking about the insurance.

JayJay1970 wrote:

Thanks Antonio.

I missed that one,

So as Smeddie says the reciprocal health agreement should suffice? Only asking as several others are still talking about the insurance.

If you have a British passport then the reciprocal health agreement is accepted for residency, yes.

Thanks rainbow!

That's a pot of gold piece of advice.:D

There you go Jay! Good luck then ;)

JayJay1970 wrote:

Thanks rainbow!

That's a pot of gold piece of advice.:D

You are welcome :)

i concur.... the RHA card is sufficient for residency

Cheers guys although being a first time resident application it says

*Persons who are not yet in possession of a residence certificate/permit may still apply for this scheme
but will be covered on a provisional basis.

Is this still sufficient? Why soooo many laters of cr*p :(

Layers of cr*p not laters :)

yes it is true until you get the formal pukka cert from the entitlement unit - we have had this for 5 yrs now - as they renew it very two years

So sorry Toon is it still possible to get the provisional cover from the reciprocal agreement and this is still acceptable ? I don't quite understand. Being a first time applicant.

Sorry about yesterday's result as well my housemate hasn't stopped crying yet and has burned his stripey shirt ;)

yes of course - you must go to the entitlement unit in valletta - just take your passport - they will give you a temp cert.

as for the toon = we are used to it by  now - its the price you pay for employing 7 frenchmen devoid of heart and soul not to mention commitment or ideas.......

Information here:  https://ehealth.gov.mt/HealthPortal/chi … ltauk.aspx

and form here:

https://ehealth.gov.mt/download.aspx?id=5226

You  can fill it in before going to 12 Merchants St, Valletta.

Brilliant, thanks for the help guys!

So glad to hear your doing well Mike. First trip to Gozo next week!

JayJay1970 wrote:

Brilliant, thanks for the help guys!

So glad to hear your doing well Mike. First trip to Gozo next week!

Want to meet up? Anyday, Rabat or Xaghra?
(PS, it's Mick ;) not Mike :))

Mick I knew it was mick but predictive text decided you looked like a Mike.

I think it's because you have a large head and long body and people sing at you :D

Would be lovely to meet you I'll pm you when we come over and if you're free I'll get you that get well cocktail!

Hi, PM'd you :cheers:

Ok guys so went to no 12 merchant street with my form duly filled in at 8.50 and after waiting for 45minutes had my provisional  RHA certificate then took it to the residency part of the Evans building and it was duly accepted as part of my self sufficiency  residency application .

Sorted then! :top:

For now Mick :top: