Still trying to decide

Hi there, I am looking into moving to Doha Qatar as i've been offered a position at this address in Doha Salwa Road, Waab- Behind Nasser Bin Khalid Mercedes showroom).

I'd like to know what the cost of accomodation is as i've been given 4000QR for accomodation and travel and around 6000QR as a basic salary but will still have to find and pay for schooling for 2 daughters as well as someone to look after them in the afternoon / evening as I will be working 9 hour shifts.

I will be working as a personal trainer / manager of one of the clubs.

My biggest concern is my children's schooling and having them looked after in the afternoon after school until i get home.

Lills,

is this going to be your only form of income?

I am attaching a link to the gulf times classified section so that you can get a good look at the cost of housing in Doha.
It will show up as a pdf.

Gulf Times Classified

I seriously don't think that you can find adequate accommodation for that amount unless you share an apartment. Are your future employers going to pay for your accommodation until you can find a suitable place to live?

As for schooling, mine are not of that age but I would seriously recommend that you take a look at Expatwoman's Qatar forum & Doha Mumssite

they are both great for putting you in touch with other mums who can offer advice. Realistically I don't think 6000 per month is going to cover schooling as well as utilities, a babysitter/maid.

Good luck, I could be wrong and it may be 'do-able' but definitely check out those two sites I mentioned where there are some lovely ladies with tons of info

*edited to add, that school places are so hard to get at the moment. There is another thread in this forum that gives a list of schools with contact numbers/emails, they will be able to give you costings for children, and availability of spaces.

Amanda :)

Hi Amanda, thank you so much for the info. I gathered that would be the case and i'm also in 2 minds as spending that much time away from my children is not really what I want to do but if I can put enough away each month it would be worth it.

I'll check out the links you mentioned.

Again, thank you so much.