Squash Court

Hi,

Where is it possible to play Squash in Riyadh? I mean some sports complex with open membership!

I can only find crazy football all around ;)

what you mean by open membership?

there are some gym's where you can find squash court.

i go to Fitness Club near exit 15 - they also have it - but its not very good

nearby there is fitness time - they also have squash facility - check it out

Check with the Gym in the DQ, I believe they have squash courts.

@ meetnauman, Open membership means, anyone living in RIyadh can join!

@ Alisan, where is DQ? I am new to saudi, Just 3 weeks that I came here so I dont know the places that much!

Yaa - its OPEN - as i told you - i m a member there.

Where exactly are you living in Riyadh - let me check a nearer one 4 you.

And DQ - mean Diplomatic Quarters.

There is a Youth Club near Nasrriya - it also has a squash court.

Thanks a lot! I am living in Almorooj, near Ollayya road!

Is there any such place closer to me?

Also where is Diplomatic Quarters?

To find about DQ - check this :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26670

I  believe the Nasriya Youth Club is one of the good option near by you.

I was also looking for a racquetball and squash courts on this entire city but only found a squash court in a health club called Fitness Time at exit 15 - it's close to home.
Naumann - do you play at the Fitness Time in exit 15? I'm looking to play with someone.

raylarch wrote:

I was also looking for a racquetball and squash courts on this entire city but only found a squash court in a health club called Fitness Time at exit 15 - it's close to home.
Naumann - do you play at the Fitness Time in exit 15? I'm looking to play with someone.

Hi raylarch, I am thinking to go there tomorrow. If you have any plan tomorrow, let me know.

Naumann, is it possible to get the court easily. I mean, we need to get it reserved first or we can get instantly? I would be going for the first time tomorrow.

Dear Gents,

I am not a squash pro ...

And i am going to Fitness Club Not Fitness Times

These both are near by - on exit 15.

They have rackets and Ball available there.

As i don't go Fitness Times - I cant play with you there. Sorry :(

The court of Fitness Club is not good - would not recommend it.

About the timing - i haven't seen any one playing squash here - its always free ... don't know about fitness time - you have to visit and ask them a test .. to see the court before you buy the member ship.

Good Luck :)

Hi inampak

Do you still want someone to play squash with you; I am an egyptian working for pharmaceutical company in Riyadh; let me know if you want

I am an avid squash player and am very good. I am looking for a good game.

Squash is for vegetables!

and should be cooked and served on a table...

CivEngr wrote:

Squash is for vegetables!

:D:D:D behave!

Hello ramzy_m/HAWKER PILOT,

Which place, you are playing? I usually, play with my friend who lives in a compound...

Yes, still to find a good player!

I am in the Fal Residential Compound. We have  a squash court as well but not any good players. I am 5 min from Granada Mall.

If you come here I will guarantee you a great game!

Hi guys, where is exactly Fitness Time from exit 15?

I am playing squash at marriat hotel court (costs 25 sar per hr).
My level is intermediate and I hope I am improving day by day.
Any one wants to play with me at 3 pm today, do call me

cheers

Hi Inam
there are nice squash courts in fitness times gym and i always saw them vacant, so if u got a partner n wana play then go n visit fintness times courts,i hope u'll like it. I know 2 branches of fitness times, one near exit5 and one on exit 7.

oraclefusions wrote:

cheers

Hello - are you still in Riyadh and if so, are you interested in playing squash sometime?   I can get to the Mariott in the evenings or weekends for a game if you're interested.

I'm an intermediate/advanced player, though currently a bit out of shape, so it will take a few matches for me to get back on my game.  :-)

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Robert Osborne
ph 050 344 8560

oraclefusions wrote:

cheers

I thought you were resting on the weekend with a broken ankle !?!

kamiii wrote:
oraclefusions wrote:

cheers

I thought you were resting on the weekend with a broken ankle !?!

I have ankle sprains at the rate of once per month and I need a week rest.
So I am playing again tonight with some body I met on here. Wish me luck.

HAWKER PILOT wrote:

I am in the Fal Residential Compound. We have  a squash court as well but not any good players. I am 5 min from Granada Mall.

If you come here I will guarantee you a great game!

Hi, I'm an Egyptian A level squash player
I used to play leagues long time ago

I play Tennis as well, as I did not find good squash players here in Riyadh

I can give you a good squash game once a week

Contact me
Amro

Hi, I am also looking for squash court and a parter with an average game. Feel free to mail and kind regards
Dr. Jaffary
[email protected]

Dear Amro
I can get few lessons of squash from you but where and when. I will call you tomorrow as its too late to call. Feel free to call me.
regards
Dr. Jaffary

jaffary wrote:

Hi, I am also looking for squash court and a parter with an average game. Feel free to mail and kind regards
Dr. Jaffary
[email protected]

Hi Dr Jaffary,
This is an old post now, but I will reply anyway. I have been contacted by some people who want to play squash, and I have set up a league for this purpose (free of course).  It's small, but will grow in like those in Dubai, Qatar and Jordan. Google "Riyad Squash League" and go to GulfLeagues.
I hope you find some good squash.
Best Regards,
Jason

Dear Jason
Good idea and congratulations on taking lead. At present, I am in Arar city which is about 1000 km from Riyadh. Therefore, it is not possible to be a regular part of this league but I have planed to visit Riyadh on alternate week ends. I wish to have some squash on alternate Thursdays and Fridays.
Kind regards
Jaffary

jaffary wrote:

Dear Jason
Good idea and congratulations on taking lead. At present, I am in Arar city which is about 1000 km from Riyadh. Therefore, it is not possible to be a regular part of this league but I have planed to visit Riyadh on alternate week ends. I wish to have some squash on alternate Thursdays and Fridays.
Kind regards
Jaffary

Hi Jaffary,
If it is beneficial, you could register in the Player Profile area only, and not be included in the League table.  That way you can have access to all the contact details, but no obligation to play. Better than putting your mobile number on public page.
Up to you?
Jason

Dear Jason
Thank you for kind offer, I have few friends in Riyadh who satisfy my appetite for squash.
Kind regards
Jaffary

Hi Squashers,

We created a squash league
join us at gulfleagues.com

Hi everybody .. I live in Nasiriya and I need somebody who is interested in sports (specially football, swimming and squash) to encourage me to do .. waiting

For squash, check out the Riyadh Squash League at http://www.gulfleagues.com/index.php/Ge … eague.html and the Facebook page at facebook.com/#!/groups/Riyadhsquashleague/ - the group is playing on Thursday afternoons and other times, at multiple locations.

Ahmed2012 wrote:

Hi everybody .. I live in Nasiriya and I need somebody who is interested in sports (specially football, swimming and squash) to encourage me to do .. waiting

HAWKER PILOT
I am living near Garnatta mall too.
write me do we have court in our neighbourhood.
Looking forward you response.
Thanks.

I live close to Granada Mall and some 4/5 months back, I did search for a squash court in vicinity. The closest squash court is on Exit-7 in a gym called Fitness Times.

What is fee there per month or what ever is????

Well I'm a member there and everything available there is covered for me. If you are interested in Squash only. They don't offer it seperately. For their membership rates, check out http://www.fitnesstime.com.sa/

There is a club called 'Nadi Riyadh' 25km away. They have squash courts as well. Pay 15 SAR and play full day.

TheLegendLeads
Thanks very much,thay don,t have english medium ther.

s77h2004 wrote:

TheLegendLeads
Thanks very much,thay don,t have english medium ther.

Surprisingly this is the new trend. All sites which used to be bilingual are being recreated in Arabic only :(

The most informative page I could ever found on squash courts in Riyadh;
http://www.u121.com/cgi-bin/searchmaps. … udi+Arabia

I'm a casual player and currently following a different track for fitness. Unfortunately will not be able to think of squashing at the moment.

If you are regular player, do join the Riyadh league:
http://www.gulfleagues.com/index.php/ri … eague.html

They play in Marriott Hotel or Riyadh Sports Club (the one I mentioned above as 'Nadi RIyadh')

Hi, if anyone wants a pretty good game of squash I can play near exit 7 Fitness time. I also live near Granada mall and do not want to travel to the Marriot or Riyhadh sports out past the DQ - unless someone picks me up!!
Call me - Shane 0565 250 156 or e'mail [email protected]