Registering a birth in Azerbaijan

Hi,

About to have a baby or already had children? Let's share your experience about the paperworks for registering a birth in Azerbaijan.

What are the formalities to obtain a birth certificate?

What is the procedure to follow if both parents are of the same nationality or for a mixed couple?

Thank you in advance for participating,

David

do u work 4 company here,David?if yes-why dont u ask someone from administration to help u.
also u should contact migration department of ministry of social affairs.
good luck.
my phone number is [Moderated: pls avoid posting personal details on the forum for safety reasons] if u want-i may contact them.i am a local one.

Hi doctora,

Please note that David is part of the Expat.com Team and this discussion has been launched to gather information on how to register a birth in Azerbaijan and the formalities :)

Thank you for the sharing of information :)

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

ok.......
for registration u have to take some paper from the hospital where child was born.Then this paper should be taken to a medical service which will cover baby for the first months-at least this is a procedure for citizens(paper goes to a local polyclinic,pediatric department).I suppose it is the same for foreigners too.for foreigners maybe need a paper from a hospital,but to be sure-it needs to contact migration department of social defence ministry.
anyway-i advise you to contact the company where u work-they can manage it.
but again-if u want-i may contact ministry of migration.
i offer u help-nothing more.
actually i am a doctor,so it will be easier 4 me to get information.
think about it.
if u say-ok,i will contact this office.otherwise,i have no reason.