Registering a birth in Slovakia

Hi,

About to have a baby or already had children? Let's share your experience about the paperworks for registering a birth in Slovakia.

What are the formalities to obtain a birth certificate?

What is the procedure to follow if both parents are of the same nationality or for a mixed couple?

Thank you in advance for participating,

David

Hello, one of friend had baby boy here, so i was helping to him with this. so i know more less what i am speaking about :)

here after i call "You" for one of parents

01. before the labor you  have to give the name of the baby to hospital and they register in hospital records, then  they will send to city office

02. after the birth  YOU go to city office and ask the birth certificate , all you need to know is birthday of the baby and the name of the baby and you have to carry all the identification papers. you and your partner(** important )

03. they will prepare the birth certificate for your baby,  that time  and if you need additional copies you pay there (if i remember correctly 1 euro each),

Additional: before you leave the hospital with the baby its important to find the doctor for your baby , because hospital need to register that doctor as a your baby's doctor for future checkups.

that is all,  wait one more thing !!!!!

more importantly, you can go to another division of city office and ask the parental allowance , monthly you get 220 EUR (something  around that money) + 700 EUR (only once) , monthly 220 EURO you get until your baby 3 years, after 3 years the allowance will be reduced to 87 EURO

** again the  amounts and terms and conditions are subject to change , in Slovakia they change the law every year, so you may need discuss this with city office

Strongly , if you are really lucky you will find English speaking person in slovak  city office , so better go with native.

Good luck for all  !!!!