Office assistant / staff

Hello,

Can anybody advise me of how much is the reasonable offer salary for an Office Assistant in Manama, Bahrain? How is the tax in that country, I mean what percentage of the salary?

I will get a job thru agency here in the Philippines. I hoe you can help me.

Thanks in advance and God bless.

Renelle

Hi and welcome

There is no tax in Bahrain (except Municipility tax on your property) but that shouldn't apply to you - your company should cover your expenses.

Office staff earn from BD150 - BD300 a month

Thanks a lot Sir Saar for your quick response.
The figure is almost the same here in my country, I hope it is possible to negotiate for an incease.

Always negotiate - everyone does in Bahrain.

Make sure you ask for vacation flight, transport, accommodation, medical insurance, schooling for kids (if applicable) etc.

HI!

While negotiating salary, be sure that you are asking for basic salary.

For instance: Sometimes company will tell you that your salary will be 300 BD + company will provide you accommodation and transport... which doesn't mean free. They normally deduct from your salary and you will end up getting 175-200 BD in hand. That is clear cheating......

You should always consider a basic salary and negotiate on that. And then ask for free accommodation and transport.

Best of luck......

Thanks a lot everyone :)

I just went to the agency and they said that the contract only states that I will be getting BD175.00 that is half of my current salary here.

I could not believe how cheap the offer is. If I will accept it for the sake of having an experience of working abroad, its totally a failure on my part.
Still I will check with the employer. Thanks a lot, you help me great with your comments.

Godbless :)

I personally wouldn't accept the offer at this rate. I know working abroad experience is a good one, but you will really struggle with 175BD.

Yes, agree with brightonguy - do not accept the offer, especially if you already make more money in your own country. Living and working outside your home country is not fun if you have to sacrifice so much for so little.

Dear Sir/ madam,

Please let me know if there are any vacancies for assisting in legal department or any department as a clerk/ office assistant in Abroad area. I have 8 years experience in the same failed as a Office assistant / Clerk.
This is my  MY Mail ID : xxx

Hopefully

Vibin K. Micheal

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dear Vibink,

Kindly do not post your personal info on any forum.

Regarding the job opportunity, first of all you can visit expat-blog classifieds section
https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/mi … t/bahrain/

Apart from that you could visit the various job portals and register with them like Monstergulf, bayt, naukri, gulfconnexions or go through the daily news paper classifieds section (gulf-daily-news, dt.bh)

Good luck!

T&R

I was offered an office job in Bahrain for about the same. Its a ridiculous salary. I get more than that from my government on a weekly basis. A months work as an office assistant in Bahrain gives the same pay as four days work here.
I'd just wait for a better offer. I ended up getting an amazing one after that disappointing offer :) Good luck

olivia.ganadely wrote:

I was offered an office job in Bahrain for about the same. Its a ridiculous salary. I get more than that from my government on a weekly basis. A months work as an office assistant in Bahrain gives the same pay as four days work here.
I'd just wait for a better offer. I ended up getting an amazing one after that disappointing offer :) Good luck

This is a sad truth Olivia.

Pay scales in Bahrain are quite poor when it comes to certain job categories and certain types of employers. There are a number of contributing factors for this.

Happy to note that you have thought through this well and decided against accepting this offer. And the best part is that you have managed to get an amazing offer. That's great news! :top:

All the best!

I have job offer in Bahrain in one of the hotels for 300BD including accomodation, food. I am wondering if this is enough for living in Bahrain. Thank you

anaa88 wrote:

I have job offer in Bahrain in one of the hotels for 300BD including accomodation, food. I am wondering if this is enough for living in Bahrain. Thank you

Ana ,
A lot depends on your lifestyle and how much you can save .

You're getting food and a place to live , what about your expenses :D
So keep that in mind and then make a move .

If you're getting insurance + flight tickets + accommodation and food with transportation , then I guess 300 BD would be adequate :)

Talk with your employer and ask if everything is included or not .

Only that "amazing offer" pulled out days before I was set to come to Bahrain, leaving me thoroughly disappointed and without a bed, furniture,, or anything - as i had sold it all...