Both of us are planning to move to Germany

Hi all,

I'm Tina from Indonesia. My husband is an Australian citizen. Both of us are planning to move to Germany. We are international school teachers (we can speak English and we are learning German language). But the problem is I'm not Europe citizen plus there is a requirement about Indonesian people to make visa to enter Germany. I have no enough money to make tourist visa to enter Germany. I was told by an HRD of an international school in Germany that I must have an EU Blue Card if I want to work in Germany. My husband and I really need help to get jobs in Germany. Who can help us? Thank you

Hi tina sinclair,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Germany Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

If you want to live (and work) in Germany, one of you needs a job and work permit - then the other one can join as a dependent (provided you have enough money and living space to provide for both - so you also need to rent a place first).
Coming for a visit and looking for a job is allowed on a tourist visa, as far as I know.
I don't know the conditions for job seeker visa and blue cards, but there are other threads about it on this forum - or you can ask the German embassy.