How is Dongguan for living?

How is Dongguan for living? what is cost of living in Dongguan? Is it good for Indian vegetarian?

jritoo wrote:

How is Dongguan for living? what is cost of living in Dongguan? Is it good for Indian vegetarian?

Dongguan is well know for its factories and massage parlors. That's it. Most of the city is dusty and noisy and smells of diesel fuel.

The cost of Living in Dongguan can be from from as little as 1000rmb per month to 5000rmb per month. You decide on a location and your budget.

Is there a difference between an Indian vegetarian and other vegetarians??? Beats the h+ll out of me. But like anywhere else Dongguan has markets and I'm sure you'll find a vegetable or two working... I mean.. being sold.

Good luck

Kris

Never heard of it.  This is in Hong Kong?

dongguan is in zhejiang near jinhua?

Dongguan is wedged between Shenzhen and Guangzhou/ Foshan...

I'll be there Nov. 7-8 hahaha! on biz :cool:

Kris

Hi Kris,

well, there is no difference between Indian vegetarian and vegetarian. What I wanted to know was the availability of Indian vegetarian food in Dongguan?

It is 2-3 hours from HongKong.

I'm a bit late on this one, but there are plenty vegetarian dishes here in Dongguan. I don't know how strictly vegetarian you are, I know in SA Muslims especially do not like food prepared in the same place meat was. I don't know if you would find that here. But I have a Muslim friend and she is just careful what she eats in the cafeteria. You can get many dishes with water spinach, fried lettuce (strange), aubergine, corn, sweet potato etc. Meat dishes tend to mostly consist of bone so you aren't missing out on much! Dongguan actually isn't all that far from Hong Kong, it's just the public transport makes it feel that way  ;) Kris, you are spot on with our description of most of Dongguan, however, next time you're around this side, try Songshan Lake district, between Chang'an and Dalang. It's like a little oasis! If you have spare time hire a bike and ride around the lake. It's an easy ride and very scenic. But the lack of traffic laws also applies to cyclists I'm afraid! Also, Dongcheng is pretty neat.

Cost of living is cheap I'd say. But I live on campus and only have to pay for what I eat off campus and transport. Public transport is super cheap within the city, especially within each district. It's cheap to eat at the Chinese restaurants but other than that it can get pricey. I actually find the Western takeaways pretty cheap though.

Hi Melis,

thanks for the detailed reply! And I am sorry too that I did not remove this post.....I had already rejected that offer and taken up other opportunity.

Regards,
Ritesh J

Hi
This is the Hong Kong forum, you will not find answers about Dongguan here. I suggest you post in the right forum. ;-)

That's what I thought, but he got a few answers anyway.

Agree. I used to run a garment export company/buying office in Hong Kong and we placed many orders in Dongguan. I have been there a few times and there is not much there.