A gift of money for a new baby

Not really sure where to post this question on the forum but assume admin will guide me.
I have become very friendly with a lovely young Muslim couple who are expecting their first baby shortly. I know they don't have much and I would love to give them a small gift of money to help welcome the new arrival. Would this be acceptable or should I do something else? I would hate to offend them and their family who have welcomed me so readily. Also if money is acceptable could one of you lovely forum members tell me how to write a little note saying that the money is a gift for said baby
Thanks in anticipation for responses
Angie

I think this is really variable, but in general it is acceptable. I have done before, and i know people who have don it, and many people don't find it offensive.

And about the note, you want to write it in arabic?

I think you are absolutely right,,,,you can just buy a postcard and put the cash inside!!!God will reward you!

its totally acceptable in most cases

Thats so kind of you, Angie!
My children got some money from my husbands relatives, too.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have an idea what to do now :)

Well, I think you can do it like Chinese. Just give them a big Red envelope, it always works in Chinese and other Asian societies.
Tell them you are lived in China is fine!

It is very normal here :)

Hi Angie,

The Money sum is up to you, ranging generally between 20-50+ Euros in  Egyptian pounds.

The happy wishings in Arabic is excellent and they will really value the effort you put more than any money :) specially as you are a forgeiner.

"بارك الله لكم المولود الجديد"    Simple Religious form meaning  "God bless your newly born child"

"تهانينا القلبية بالمولود الجديد"  Simple General form meaning  " Our Heartly wishes for the newly born child"
and btw i didn`t wish yo u say a muslim couple :/ rather Egyptian couple. Unless they are strict religious christians/ muslims, tradiations are mostly similar.

Cheers.