Weekends in nairobi

where do i get a listing of all the happenings in nairobi during the weekends--so that i can choose the best options- anyway can someone tell as  to whats up on this weekend ie; 1st /2nd may'10 in nairobi social circle

what exactly are you looking to do - most weekends are occupied with majority of guys watching sports and drinking at various bars over nairobi - but there is so much more on offer - depends what you wanna do

i look forward to info on :
some kind of cultural programmes(asian/kenyan/european etc) in auditoriums
some football matches/cricket matches
some fashion shows/international film festival/music festival etc

Hi! You can join the Nairobi Expat Social group on facebook and meet expats with same interests as you.Mostly they post events on their wall.or u get a copy of going places magazine for updates.
Best of luck.

hi.. check out the Go places magazine as Kalaah says but it wont have all.
Most cultural programs are circulated by word of mouth. Oshwal community holds several plays / shows a month in hindi and gujarati as well as cultural shows. Punjabi community just finalized the Vaisakhi cultural week. Are you a member of any club or something?
Kenya national theatre, alliance francais, oshwal centre, braeburn theatre..
if you visit most big supermarkets they usually have free flyers that you can pick up - these detail whats goin on - also notice boards in sarit, spring valley , yaya and village market will give you an inkling as to whats happening.
as for the sports - cricket league has come to an end. hockey league also come to an end - football is ongoing - various matches - your looking at professional or amateur - various leagues are goin on around nairobi as we speak - you need anything just give me a shout
Raj