Do EU rules apply

Hi

If one is to expat to Frensh Polynesia...... Since it is a Frensh territory do Frensh EU laws reside?

What I wonder is:

Can any EU citizen freely more there without getting any special visa or other papers?

Can any EU citizen start working without any formalities just as if they would have moved to France?

Or is Frensh Polynesia not part of the EU or as a few other English and Frensh territories have EU membership with certain deviation laws/rules?

Ia Orana,
I am an American who retired in Papeari, Tahiti. As an EU citizen, you can come here, but if you want to live here, you will need to apply for resident status. This also includes how you intend to support yourself - in other words, you must have sufficient funds to live here and support yourself. You will most likely not be allowed to work (if you can even find a job) as jobs are first given to locals due to the very large unemployment. It would be allowed for you to start your own business. There are definitely different rules for DOM/TOMs, French overseas territories. For example, no Euros are used here - just Pacific French Francs. I hope this helps.
Nana,
Manarii Tane (Steve)