Any Limitations on Saudi-Bahrain causeway pet's transfer?

I am moving to Bahrain and got lovely Three Gouldian finches, just wonder if I can transfer them in the their cage by car without any issues with Bahraini customs, please help if any had previous experience.

Why dont you let your pets fly across the border and then pick them up when they reached Bahrain, that way you will get no hassle from customs.. :P:lol:

No, just kidding... I hope others who have bought such pets into Bahrain will help you.  Good luck :)

Well you have a not applicable point, just wonder if there are sun glasses for them, they are not used to Gulf strong sun. :lol::cool:

Yeah wish to got reply or I will ask there or give it a try. Just want to know about similar experiences.

Thanks for passing by.. :)

Hi Basil. Going by what I have seen, it does not matter how and where you enter Bahrain. What matters iare the rules. Good luck. And let us know about your experience once you get them safely over the border :)

This is what I found online:

http://www.bahraincustoms.gov.bh/faq.ph … VBPT0%253D

I would like to bring my pet into the country what are the procedures?
If you would like to bring your pet into Bahrain, you will need to ensure that you provide the following when you arrive at the entry point:

A No Objection Certificate/Import Permit  from the Quarantine Section of the Ministry of  Municipalities & Agriculture Affairs, which may be obtained by providing the following:
Valid vaccination records Owners CPR/ID Card, copy of passport with his residence visa Animal Passport
A valid health certificate from the Country of Origin

Call the animal welfare ministry in Bahrain or Tim at Delmon relocators. They will help you. I'm on my mobile so can't find their details but google will help. The Bahrain ministry will have to issue you an import permit which can take a while so act ASAP.  Everywhere will be closed over EID though.

Just a thought, you can try asking a pet shop in Khobar in case they may know?

Alternatively, i found the following links. It hasn't got alot of info, but the second link has got a phone number and email address that you may wish to contact (click on contacts, bottom of the page). As its Eid in the region not sure if you will get a reply straight away.

Pets in Bahrain

Bahrain Customs

Hope someone out there may help you.. :)
Eid Mubarak! :)

While i was searching the info for you it seems Fahaz & Jo have beaten me to it. :sosad:

Its good to see our Bahrain Expat-blog members always on hand to help :D Thats why you will like Bahrain when you are here ;)

Eid Mubarak to all :)

Thank you all for your lovely support.:)

Actually I found out through my previous experiences in travelling to Bahrain that not all governmental websites based information took place.

It may change without update, or the customs action depend on the employee judgment sometimes, also type of pet take major effect of the case.(Birds, Cats,..)

Trading Import regulations can't be applied over personal stuff, however I believe that kinda of certificate required and I will follow with my pet shop in Khobar to see if there are similar cases.

And indeed Bahrain is from the calm and lovely socialized country, and I Love to be there. Happy Holidays for All.

jazzy851 wrote:

While i was searching the info for you it seems Fahaz & Jo have beaten me to it. :sosad:

Its good to see our Bahrain Expat-blog members always on hand to help :D Thats why you will like Bahrain when you are here ;)

Eid Mubarak to all :)

We had to fly before Basil's finches flew across the border ;)

Eid Mubarak to you too jazzy and to everyone else

Basil - you may be right about website info not being up to date. Best is to call/contact relevant authorities likg Jo suggested.
Best wishes.

Dear Basil,

Kindly let me know how you managed to get you pet to Bahrain via causeway. I am also planning to travel to Bahrain along with pet in coming 2 weeks. Also could you let me know who arranged the documents for you in Saudi and Bahrain. Thanks in advance.

New_Saudi wrote:

Dear Basil,

Kindly let me know how you managed to get you pet to Bahrain via causeway. I am also planning to travel to Bahrain along with pet in coming 2 weeks. Also could you let me know who arranged the documents for you in Saudi and Bahrain. Thanks in advance.

Hi

Yes you can bring your animals across the causeway as long as they have the relevant injections and proof of them and an import permit from the ministry. I have copied the ministry vet details which may help you contact them.

The ministry vets are in Hamala area  near the BDF Camp and near British School

Tel: 00973-17643373.

[email protected]