Guide to Buying Bali Property

Hello,

I have just finished, and uploaded to Amazon, an eBook called "Buying Bali Property: A Non-Indonesian's Guide", which costs $8.95.

It has case studies from expats who have purchased and built Bali villa properties and also canvasses my experiences in building two villas.

It provides information from a range of Bali real estate organisations and legal advice from notaris's in Bali.

You can find the book by going to Amazon and searching "Buying Bali Property.."

This book is designed to provide comprehensive information on the sometimes complex issues surrounding expats who are considering 'buying' Bali property.

An interesting choice of title since it is impossible for a non Indonesian to "buy" property in Bali.

Personally I think the term “buy” or “buying” property in Indonesia is way too often abused, as it's blatantly misleading.

Also, I would never seek “legal advice” from a notaris.  That's a job for an attorney and unfortunately that's one trap that all too many expats fail to avoid.

Foreigners can't legally buy property in Bali.
There you go - just saved you 9 bucks.

Seems this is a waste of a thread as his book is not available here:

This title is not available for customers from your location in:
Asia & Pacific

Thats the message on the Amazon page for the book.

I have 2 questions.  I'll ignore the whole issue of foreigners owning property since I don't live there and don't know anything about it.

1. $8.95 for an ebook?  That's insane.  The reason people like ebooks is because they're much cheaper than real books.

Luke, it probably is available - that message goes away when you try to buy something - but since you're in Asia, you'll have to pay at least $2 more than the list price.  That's the Amazon way.

2. Why can't I mention any of my books here but everybody and their mother can mention theirs?