Looking for off compound accomodation

Hi Guys and girls,

Hoping you can help.  I have been in Riyadh a short while now and I want to find my own accomodation, ideally off compound, no real reason other than price fixing within compounds and that as a single guy, looking to share with a work collegue, the ony benifits within a compound are the pool!

I am looking for 2 to 3 beds, with as many bathrooms, fairly modern, not fussy about location, but would prefer south Riyadh due to traveling to al kharj regularly.

I know its difficult, but ideally rurnished too, and not just the kithcen and wall tiles lol.

I would appreciate any help as we are finding it hard work to find somewhere at the minute.

All help gratefully recieved.

Many thanks

Tony

Please feel free to PM me with suggestions......

Your best bet is go and see one of the many many real estate brokers,  but then communication is an issue here as I suspect very few speaks English.

If you would like it I would be happy to help you translate in case you needed a translator.  And also I have a couple of cousins who are in the business,  what is your price range?

lilytong wrote:

Hi, I have a very good flat, super nice to rent.
here is the detail.
Highrise floor : (you can have a good view of the Beaufiful Shanghai from every room)

He's looking for an accommodation in RIYADH and not in SHANGHAI !!

Thanks Saimans.

Tonybrock46 wrote:

I would appreciate any help as we are finding it hard work to find somewhere at the minute.

I suspect you'd have difficulties as two single men seeking a multi-room flat in housing slated for families. Check with your colleagues; sometimes the best info regarding where to rent will come from the other western expats you work with. Another option would be serviced apartments, though I don't know if they'd have the type of space you desire.

We are both married unacompanied males, hence the erason for three bedrooms.

Thanks

Tonybrock46 wrote:

We are both married unacompanied males, hence the erason for three bedrooms.

Yes, that's obvious.  However, if you've noticed, there are apartment owners that specify families only and don't allow for unaccompanied men or "bachelors"---whether sharing a multi-room flat or not---to rent in the same building. No mingling, just like the restaurants, shops, and other segregated, public spots. This is why I suggested you check with your western coworkers who may know where you two can get the type of space you're looking for. Believe it or not, as an expat, you're in a better position to rent a place than a Saudi who's unaccompanied.  (Do an Internet search on 'saudi single men rent'.)