FILIPINO POPULATION IN INDONESIA

HI!

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

IS THERE ANYONE KNOW THE POPULATION OF FILIPINO HERE IN INDONESIA AND IN JAKARTA ONLY?

I'M DOING A MARKET SURVEY FOR FILIPINO FOOD HERE IN INDONESIA.

I ALREADY INQUIRE IN PH EMBASSY BUT I STILL HAVE NO FEEDBACK FROM THEM.

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME HERE.

THANK YOU.

Hi iamanikoh,

Please can you avoid posting in caps lock, this might make your text easier to read.

I suggest you to post an advert in the Looking for testimonies in Jakarta section, this might help. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

According to registered records in the past, there are roughly 5,000 Filipinos scattered across the entire country. They are categorized into: middle-senior managers, educators, charitable institutions, diplomatic community (embassy, ASEAN, UN, etc), spouses, retirees, visiting seafarers. The Filipino community here is one of the smallest groups in the world compared to the presence of Filipinos elsewhere in the world, considering the size of the country. Since blue-collar labor is cheap here and Filipinos share the same job opportunities with Indonesian blue-collar workers, Filipinos have not migrated here for the said job, which is why you see them by hundreds of thousands in Singapore and Hong Kong with Indonesians.

I think the food company that engaged your services is Jollibee as they often target countries where there is a large presence of Filipinos, however, it's taken them this long because they know that Indonesia is a unique place where the domestic market has much higher opportunities than they're initial intended strategy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Is this somekind of a university research ? If so, wouldn't the university has a connection with the universities here in Indonesia to help you out on that subject ?
-Dewi-