HELP !!!

Hello
I am a Frenchman and I am living in Paris. Soon, I finished my professional career. My wife and I plan to leave France to live in Malaysia or Thailand. We want to buy a comfortable house not in a city but the outskirts of a city to enjoy all the amenities. We also wish to live in a beautiful area by the sea and we know that Malaysia does not lack. Which area do you advise?
Excuse me for my bad English but everyone knows that the French speaking foreign languages poorly. I promise to work there.
Thank you very much.
Theo:)

Hi Theo

I am from Indonesia, just an advise for you.  Would you like to try to move to Indonesia?  Indonesia has many beautiful beach.  The most famous in the world is Bali island, but there are more.  Not only sea or beach we have but also beautiful mountain.

So this is just an option for you.  If you need more info about my country then just contact me.

Bye...and have a nice day.

Hi Max ,

I am real estate consultant but not working at this moment.
Check Penang ! Is a quiet ,beautiful city next to the sea.

Good Luck ,

Sade

Thank you very much Tanbunandesy and Sade

Yes, why not Indonesia? these countries of Southeast Asia are really beautiful and people are charming. I will think about Bali but also Penang. This is not quite the same place, but these areas seem an excellent choice. I'll be back here soon to ask more questions if you wish.
Cheers
Theo

Port Dickson, a long stretch of beach with bungalows by the seaside! Its in the State of Negri Sembilan

Labuan may be a good option for you because of its duty free status.  Cheap wine and cheap cars are the big bonus here.  We are a small island just off the coast of Borneo, NE of Brunei.  There are no big cities here but KL, KK and Bandar Seri Begawan are all a cheap flight or ferry ride away.  If you like the quiet and simple life, I recommend it. Best of luck.  Malaysia is a beautiful country, you will be certain not to go wrong if you choose to live in any area!  I would recommend you come and explore the country a little bit first before you decide on where to settle so that you have a better idea of what it is like.

Thank you for your answers. Labuan would be a good idea if there was no malaria.
Cheers

Unfortunately there is malarial risk in most of Malaysia though most cases are limited to the rural areas.  I don't take malarial prophylaxis nor does anyone I know that lives here.  Based on my doctor's advice, it is not necessary unless you are living and/or travelling into the rural areas though of course you should speak to your own doctor about this so they can take your health and situation into account.

Here is a link to an interactive map that will show you the levels of malaria risk in different areas of the world, (as you can see even Kuala Lumpur is considered to have some malarial risk :()...

CDC Interactive Malaria Risk Map

If you like the idea of a duty free island, you may also consider Langkawi in the very northeast corner of Peninsular Malyasia close to the Thai border.  It is not an offshore financial hub as Labuan is, but the cheap wine and cheap cars would exist there as well. 

Hope that will help you a bit.

Langkawi seems to be a popular place, if you don't mind having tourists. :-)
I went there a couple of days ago. A blog post on Langkawi + pictures will be up hopefully within this week, check it out if you're interested :-)

I strongly recommend to talk with Expat living in Malaysia before you settle and buy a house or whatever.
Been here more then 10 years if you are in KL or Shah Alam give me call or you can visit me in my office to chat about general things and I would glad to inform you just about everything.