Looking for friends to hang out around Ben Thanh market - HCM City

Hello!
I'm Demi from Ho Chi Minh City. Next weekend I'll be taking a tour around Ho Chi Minh City, especially Ben Thanh market and would love to invite some friends to hang out with me. Especially for expats friends who still feel new to Ho Chi Minh City, I would love to take you guys around and tell you more about life here.
Contact me if you are interested. (+84) 938 318 399.
It would be a great weekend to meet and talk and travel with all you guys around this big city! :cool::cool:

Is this a free service.

colinoscapee wrote:

Is this a free service.

Of course, it's free colinoscapee. This is one of my popular hang out on weekend. It would be fun to have some more friends to go with me and if it is also a chance to help expats know more about Ho Chi Minh City, why not? :)

So where do you take people to, any historical sites or just a casual walk around.

This is a good chance to take you to famous places in Ho Chi Minh City. District 1 is an ideal place to come first.

I actually know my way around Saigon better then most expats.I lived there for 5 years and was interested to know where you were going to take people

wanna walk with all of you on a beautiful sunday morning

kientrung.tran wrote:

wanna walk with all of you on a beautiful sunday morning

Sunday morning will probably be sunny but it looks like you'll have rain at noon and in the afternoon.

http://www.weather-forecast.com/locatio … sts/latest

Demi_HCM wrote:

Hello!
I'm Demi from Ho Chi Minh City. Next weekend I'll be taking a tour around Ho Chi Minh City, especially Ben Thanh market and would love to invite some friends to hang out with me. Especially for expats friends who still feel new to Ho Chi Minh City, I would love to take you guys around and tell you more about life here.
Contact me if you are interested. (+84) 938 318 399.
It would be a great weekend to meet and talk and travel with all you guys around this big city! :cool::cool:

You might want to consider a back-up plan for rain.

can i call you out for a drink ? :)

Don't you know "Nothing is free"? :D

colinoscapee wrote:

Is this a free service.

It cannot be free dear! Their is some implied cost there, so it's not free!:D

Demi_HCM wrote:

Of course, it's free colinoscapee. This is one of my popular hang out on weekend. It would be fun to have some more friends to go with me and if it is also a chance to help expats know more about Ho Chi Minh City, why not?

charmavietnam wrote:

colinoscapee wrote:

Is this a free service.

Demi_HCM wrote:

Of course, it's free colinoscapee. This is one of my popular hang out on weekend. It would be fun to have some more friends to go with me and if it is also a chance to help expats know more about Ho Chi Minh City, why not?

I hope when I get back to Vietnam I have offers for free services! :lol: Besides, I pretty much canvased HCMC, I would like to venture to other cities and towns. :D

MIA2013 wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

colinoscapee wrote:

Is this a free service.

Demi_HCM wrote:

I hope when I get back to Vietnam I have offers for free services! :lol: Besides, I pretty much canvased HCMC, I would like to venture to other cities and towns. :D

Dont get what you mean. How was your experience in HCMC?

charmavietnam wrote:

colinoscapee wrote:

Is this a free service.

Demi_HCM wrote:

Yes. Hanging out with friend always have cost from personal needs. I am a free tour guide (only) :cool::cool:

So basically you are just going to walk around Benh Thanh market.

colinoscapee wrote:

So basically you are just going to walk around Benh Thanh market.

hahahha  :lol:

It's Bến Thành without an "h".  Reading it with an "h" reads like a hospital, or some hospital patient named "Thanh" and they named a market after a hospital patient.

I think she's actually looking for new Expats to hang out with and probably converse with to improve her English.  The old expats (like you) already know that Bến Thành Market is NOT a hang-out place for Expats.  It's for tourists who don't have a clue on what things cost, but still relatively cheap compared to markets that are native to the Euro or the USD. 

Actually D1 is just a tourist trap and I'm sure alot of the Expats already are familiar with it.  I go there for the Cathedral-Diamond Plaza area.  The only thing I do at Bến Thành Market is see how many revolutions I can ride my motorbike around the roundabout before I get bored.  I do want to climb out the Helipad on the Lotus Tower though.

Also this weekend is probably not a good idea to do anything "fun" since the nation will be in mourning due to the passing of General Võ Nguyên Giáp and shops may be closed.

You know this right Demi_HCM?  Maybe you should round up Expats and go to the gathering so foreigners can see how a historical figure is mourned in Việt Nam.

The old expats (like you)

Im not old, Im a virile young man in an older mans body.

colinoscapee wrote:

The old expats (like you)

Im not old, Im a virile young man in an older mans body.

Yah that was short for "old farts that have been around a while" - Expat.  :D

Old = not new.  Not old = not young.

You know what I mean.  What do you call someone who's been around for a while? not by age, but by presence?  I.e. opposite of a new arrival?

Maybe I should have wrote "the Expats that have been around for a while (like you) already know that Bến Thành Market is ..." 

Feel more respected.....old man   :P ?

http://www.baselinemag.com/imagesvr_ce/baselinemag/images/stories/slideshows/006311_respect/respect4.jpg

jimbream wrote:

BT market gives the visitor an interesting insight into a large Asian market.It's crowded,noisy,often hot and people always bugging you to buy something.

Sounds like the Middle Eastern Bazaar in Alexandria and Cairo. You gotta love the haggling and when you walk away with whatever bauble you still know you paid too much.

That's why I said, nothing is free :D
And you should find out some 'paid' job. When we eat rice with our own money, it feel more tastier :D
Before you, so many people come and offered 'free service' here. Now they understand that 'nothing is free'!

Demi_HCM wrote:

Yes. Hanging out with friend always have cost from personal needs. I am a free tour guide (only) :cool::cool:

Wao, Most of expats is doubt about everything in Viet Nam
I live here in almost of my life but i dont dare to tell that: "I know Ben Thanh market". Just because each people have a different feeling about everywhere, not only in Ben Thanh market.
The subject guy/or lady just want to involve her/his english skill or she want to have a change to make friend/boy friend with an expat. That is all. Subject seem lost.

So, who want to walking around next week? Kaka
Nice week body

Its is always a treat to hear the terminal optmist and the cynic meet on a topic. Some where in there is a good time to be had.