Belikins home delivery

I have been trying to call Beliken at 501 422 2095 on my magic jack to get home delivery in Corozal. No luck. In fact I don't seem to have much luck calling many 501 numbers. Now when I call South Carolina or Michigan- no problema.  Any suggestions when using the magic jack or a different number.

Thanks Johnny

John A Miner wrote:

I have been trying to call Beliken at 501 422 2095 on my magic jack to get home delivery in Corozal. No luck. In fact I don't seem to have much luck calling many 501 numbers. Now when I call South Carolina or Michigan- no problema.  Any suggestions when using the magic jack or a different number.

Thanks Johnny

Magic Jack is for free calls to US and Canada...  That is why I bought a local phone for my Belize numbers....

I got my Verizon phone at SMART for $37.50 US...  Got some free credit on it when I purchased it.  Works great for calls and for local texting...   Might need to consider it....

Cathy, thanx for the tip about the phone.   sometime this month I will be getting a different phone.   My digicell is dying after only 4 months.   

Hi John.

How is it for calling states from here? Do you use magic jack phone app as well?

I would say not good.  Very moody.  IN fact I just cancelled the service this weekend.
It seems like every 5th or 10th word is dropped/muddled.  I would ask - What'd ya say?   
A whole darn lot.

I get 480 minutes a month on my SMART Phone plan.  I am very happy with the SMart phone service.
Very clear and reliable.

:)  Well I have to say that my experience is different that John's I think.  I love my Magic Jack and use it often.  I even use the app wireless on my iPad.  I just tap on it and call my Mom or my son or brother.  They tell me it's clear as a bell.  I call my drugstore and doctors office as well.  I think it may have to do with the quality and strength of the wireless signal.  I have been very pleased with little drop off and static....   

It's a good price and I will have the same number worldwide for five years.  Works for me!  But everyone has to see what solution of communication works for their individual situation. 

Best!

Here in Placencia village I've found it really depends on the quality of your internet connection. At our condo, the quality was so bad that the conversation was hopeless. But sitting at Wendy's after lunch, using their wifi, I was able to use it with no problem at all.

The Magic Jack working properly is totally contingent on the Internet Connection.
I used it in the US and it worked perfectly.  I would routinely talk to someone using a Magic Jack in Cuenca Ecuador
or Michigan from South Carolina and the connection could not be better.

Right now I am using the Mobile Wi-Fi  made by Huawei and sold by smart phone. for the internet
connection which Magic Jack requires. (The device has the shape of a deck of cards.)
It works about 70% of the time especially early morning. And when it works it works well.

This is what I  used for the Magic Jack and it would constantly drop words intermittently.
So I cancelled.

Cathie  - as they say -- Is well connected

I am not surprised, it is a common thing here technology wise everyone having different experiences with the same thing.

intermittent phone and internet service here on the outskirts of Corozal is often useless.    Hubs has good luck with Skype.