Car rental in Libya

The net isnt much help! can anyone give me an idea if there are long term rental companies in Tripoli similar to Bahrain Dubai etc.? the prices quoted by the normal "holiday rental" type companies is expensive for a long term scenario. and if there is what sort of prices monthly for say a toyota or a tucson?
Thanks

Hi there,

AVIS, HERTZ and SIXT are operating in Libya.
In addition you can find a gret deal of local rental companies providing long term rental.

The montly prices for a leasing agreement starts around 850LYD for a nissan sunny or equivalent.

Hope this helps

Thanks E.J.
That does give me an idea. Should be there in a month so next will need to start to look for Villas.

Expat Joe wrote:

Hi there,

AVIS, HERTZ and SIXT are operating in Libya.
In addition you can find a gret deal of local rental companies providing long term rental.

The montly prices for a leasing agreement starts around 850LYD for a nissan sunny or equivalent.

Hope this helps

+ Eurocar

What about Insurance. I had rented a car from a local company through another libyan, total rip off Learned the hard way, payed 50lyd a day for a compact chevy and because another libyan was the middle man He was like oh dont worry about the insurance or anything its not worth much in Libya anyway, had an accident where i got rear ended by a cop in a cab, ended up buying the owner a new chevy... no matter what car i had picked for him to view (used) He made his busted up car to be heavenly and Blessed! where nothing was good enough.

so! Long story short stick with the international Car rental companies where Insurance on the vehicle is available. traffic  here is crazy, and no matter how good of a driver you may be alot of ppl driving around have no idea how to do so, Pay a hundred bucks, get a license! But I still enjoy every moment of it... Cutting cars off to make a left turn! Awe yeah!

Would someone please give me the addresses and phone numbers of these car rentals. Thanks

I arrived here 2 weeks ago and my current rental on a Toyota Camry (which is beaten to hell and has 40 klicks on the clock) is 100LYD per day!!  This is from a local rental agent I was given by my company.  If somebody could provide the contact details of the Hertz / Avis or Euro Car I would be grateful.

NorthernLightz wrote:

I arrived here 2 weeks ago and my current rental on a Toyota Camry (which is beaten to hell and has 40 klicks on the clock) is 100LYD per day!!  This is from a local rental agent I was given by my company.  If somebody could provide the contact details of the Hertz / Avis or Euro Car I would be grateful.

Europcar:http://www.europcar-libya.com/contact.htm
Avis:http://www.avis.co.uk/CarHire/Africa/Libya/Tripoli

Related thread: http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18359

Try this guy:
I have a new (2010) Samsung S3 (Renault Megane rebadged) on shortish term, month to month rental at 1100pm on a proper legal contract with guaranteed insurance etc and permission to drive outside Libya, payable monthly by credit card.  Got scratched by an idiot, fixed free, I spilled coke on seat, cleaned up free.  Matilda available about 800 mark and Camry, Sportage, Tucson around or up to up to 1600pm dependant.  If you want to be introduced pm me.
Mahmud Al-Garradi
Executive Manager
Tel : +218 21 334 0178
Fax : +218 21 334 0229
Mob : +218 92 723 3830
      +218 91 354 0201
Web site: almumtaz-ly.com

hi u ok yes there is cars for rent from company if want rent plz touch with us

[moderated: no ads please]