Abba and the beatles in Nairobi

Well.
Interested in comments from expats and those who enjoy good music from England.
Planning to bring tribute bands out to the big city and wish to understand demand

Planning to put a show on in a 5 star hotel. Eat drink and dance the night away.

Any comments would be appreciated, along price and type of music.

George

thinking of Abba first and then the Beatles. Moving on to more up to date bands as we progress. Got the hotel and just need advice on demand,and and cost of entrance to venue. Making it exclusive but not over priced. Cheers   George

Maybe Abba is unknown in Nairobi

Surely the hit film...... mamma mia was shown everyone?

could be popular with few expats

There is a lot of western pop played on the radio in Kenya, so I am sure that many Kenyans are familiar with Abba and The Beatles.  I think that the sort of thing that you are planning would work better for expats.  Kenyans love their live music and there are so many venues.  The likely cost of the type of event you are proposing may discourage many.

Bands and music celebrities from overseas have met with varying responses in Kenya - not always as successful as they had hoped.

HI there,

I love love ABBA..I am not what some might consider "ABBA age" but my dad absolutely loved the group and played it full blast when I was younger.

You will be pleasantly surprised at how many fan they have in Kenya.
I can almost guarantee that it will be a sold out event.

All the best.

Hi

Many thanks for the post

This is the link to the band.....superb

abbamia.co.uk/

What sort of ticket price do you think

The hotel only does 300 - 350 so quite exclusive but big enough to have a party!
Thanks

george