To live in Florida or Panama.....

I am 40 yrs old, ready to retire (next year), currently live in Seattle, and am planning on moving to Boquete, Panama. However, my family wants me to move to Florida to be around them.

Now, here is my delimma...  I LOVE to fish.  I already have property in Panama and know what the fishing is like there.  I do not know what the fishing is like in Florida.  Would it be better to live and fish in Florida (Sarasota to be specific) or continue with my dreams and move to Panama.

A very confused fisher-woman...

2Caldero . . . It's about 1 hr 15 minutes to Boca Chica and Gone Fishing Panama and Big Game Fishing Panama (check websites).  Some folks from Boquete keep their boats in Boca Chica.  BIG TIME fishing . . . more world records set off the Pacific coast along here than any place else in the world!

And we're only 3 hours flying time from Florida.  And we have no hurricanes!

BTW, I have a house for sale in Valle Escondido overlooking the 9th hole . . . which I would trade for a place in the right area of Seattle.  Check out http://richarddetrich.wordpress.com/buy … in-panama/  We love Boquete, and have a coffee farm and house we built just outside town, but my kids and grandkid are in Seattle and so we'd like something there as well.

Regards, Richard

A coffee Farm huh?   Well now, that is something I like.... 

I am curious, are you saying you want to leave Panama and move to Seattle?  We currently live here on the Hood canal (and yes it is our dream house we built) but are ready to move to somewhere warm.  We bought property just up from Boquete in paja de Sombrero but now we are not so sure if Panama is the place.  Aside from the hurricanes, would you live in Florida or is Panama really the best hot spot to retire, relax, and live life.  Remember, I am only 40 and have a long life ahead of me.  Your thoughts?

We think you should move to Panama. There is a wealth of information out there that will provide a great foundation to move to Panama. The final decision is to come here and see if its a good fit for you. Think about what you want out of your location and Panama has many options for each type of weather/topography.

Panama is a sport fishing paradise! (moderated: no ads)
We are developing a gorgeous island community just 15 minutes from Boca Chica.
Come visit Isla Palenque and see for yourself what an incomparable spot it is....

Ok, lets clear something up immediately...there's way too many people already fishing in Florida...so you might aswell just call it 'drinking' there.
Get away from the crowds and move to Pedasi/Azueros Peninsula...it's not called the "tuna coast" for nothing! :)
Cheers