Searching for friends in mauritius

hi people i am open minded free spritied architect in my early 20s and hve been in mauritius since 6 months but find it difficult to make friends with locals bcoz of language differnces can i find similar minded non-judgemental friends here?

Hey there...been here since January with my husband and 4 kids...we enjoy the company of like minded people...we are in Black River - if you ever on the west coast let me know.  If you  like, send my your email in a private message and we can be in touch!

Hi Nitin,
You missed our expat meet on 24th April, we were almost 46 expats. The idea behind the meet is to make friends.I hope you can make it the next time.You can PM me your contact number,I'll call you.

Hi Nitin,

We are on the east coast GRSE, been here for a year both in our Mid Twenties, looking to meet with people, read your blog and have to agree about the dullness!

Terrence, can you give me some info about these regular meetings?

Thanks

Laurence & Judy

Hi Laurence & Judy,

Welcome to the blog and all the newcomers. I totally agree with you about feeling dull in this country.Its a great place to live in if you have a hobby and a good circle of friends. I give all credit to Julian for bringing all expats together and now we are like one family. The idea of this expat meet every month is to know each other and have fun. I doubt if there will be an expat meet in May as Julian will be travelling to France. Lets watch out and see if there is an event organized in May but I plan to organize a bigger event in June, hoping to have 75 to 100 expats for the meet.

terence wrote:

but I plan to organize a bigger event in June, hoping to have 75 to 100 expats for the meet.

That would be fantastic, Terence! It will be my last meet in Mauritius. Very nice farewell party for me and Christina!

Fee Acer are you moving out permanently bak to Dubai?

Yes Vishal,
My hubbie is working in Dubai so I will be joining him there but I will still come to the forum to discuss zith you guys, don't worry!

Heyy!! I am sure the Farewell will rock n we will get a lot of Ppl, only to meet Arlette!!
We will definitely miss you here!

Hi Terrence, sounds great. How much notice is there normally, as Jude often works weekends?

Thanks

L&J wrote:

Hi Terrence, sounds great. How much notice is there normally, as Jude often works weekends? Thanks

Hi, just a few words to inform you that usually the meets are being advertised a few weeks in advance, sot that everything gets organized on time!

Terence -> can we book the date for June already? If yes, I'd suggest the 26th because then the exams of Christina will be finished!

musheer wrote:

Heyy!! I am sure the Farewell will rock n we will get a lot of Ppl, only to meet Arlette!! We will definitely miss you here!

Hope so, Musheer! It must be fun for my last meet!

See you soon guys!

Arlette

FeeAcer wrote:

Terence -> can we book the date for June already? If yes, I'd suggest the 26th because then the exams of Christina will be finished!

Arlette

Arlette 26th June is absolutley fine with me, apprently 26th June is also my birthday!!!!

Cheers!!!
Terence

Oooooh? Just apparently? LOL

So one more reason to meet then!!!! Well then it will be your decision what will be the theme for the meet of June...

For the one of May, I have posted a message on the French forum to find a volunteer for the organization. Let's see if somebody comes forward.

Have a nice weekend!

Arlette