Moving to Budapest

Dear All , i wonder if someone can give me some ideas , i will be moving to Budapest next Jan 2014 , and i will be renting a shop there around 40Sqm , but i don't know what would work there , any ideas ? i was thinking to open the shop as BAZZAR ( Like Egyptian stuff , Dancer dresses ) some told me to open as bakery ( Pizza & Sandwiches ..etc)...

Hmmm i don't know what will work there , i need assistance please if you could help me with idea that could work there at least could gain the money of my living and rent.

moodysharm wrote:

...renting a shop there around 40Sqm , but i don't know what would work there , any ideas ? i was thinking to open the shop as BAZZAR ( Like Egyptian stuff , Dancer dresses ) some told me to open as bakery ( Pizza & Sandwiches ..etc)....

Depends where you intend to live in Budapest. High end stuff would probably be out of the reach of most ordinary persons.

Bakeries are very popular here as are coffee places. Maybe a hubble-bubble place and coffee/pastry bar as an unusual twist?

Might be trouble with smoking bans in public places with the hubble bubbles. 

Not sure if such things exist already in Budapest but I am sure someone here will know.

Thanks for the reply , i have thought regarding cofee and bakery however it will cost to much for the equipmemt and this shop is just trial as i dont want to loose alot of money without staying long time in budapest be familliar with how stuff work . Thats why i prefer to start with small shop and then i am looking to rent a restaurant .

I was thinking to make fornetti but i dont know how it work. Some told me you just get the place and you call fornetti and they do everything i dont know if its true or not

Yes, it seems to be a tightly run franchise.
What you could do is spend a day roaming the streets to see what's there, what's struggling to survive and what's busting with traffic, what seems like something you could do better/cheaper, and what's missing entirely.

Kindly assist if any one here know about fornetti , or run fornetti before :)

Haven't run a Fornetti franchise but it really popular, if you can get a good spot somewhere in the city where there are none in the 300-400 meters radius.

moodysharm wrote:

was thinking to open the shop as BAZZAR ( Like Egyptian stuff , Dancer dresses ) some told me to open as bakery ( Pizza & Sandwiches ..etc)

Running a shop may require taking one more OJK certificate course before you can open the business (or you can hire, or partner with, someone who has the correct OJK certificates). You need to check your specific business line to see if it has a required course certificate (link below in Hungarian, but pretty easy to translate using online tools):

http://www.szakkepesites.hu/

I don't know, but I wonder if a Fornetti franchise does not require an OJK, and if not that would explain their popularity to become a vendor.

Apparently you do not need a lot to open a Fornetti franchise, as per this link: http://www.fornetti.hu/franchise_egyuttmukodes/gyik (Hungarian)

Basically you do not need permits before opening a Fornetti franchise, but you have to register at the local city hall after opening. There is one previous step is mentioned that is to get a an official opinion from the local Agricultural Office (Mezőgazdasági Szakigazgatási Hivatal).

dezpapp wrote:

Basically you do not need permits before opening a Fornetti franchise, but you have to register at the local city hall after opening. There is one previous step is mentioned that is to get a an official opinion from the local Agricultural Office (Mezőgazdasági Szakigazgatási Hivatal).

So there is still some typical, obligatory rubber stamping on paper, so common an action in Hungary, but overall it does not seem too bad.

@klsallee you are right and then we could expand on why a government is more intersted in employees than entrepreneurs - especially weak governments that we tend to have

if you need help/answers with this I know someone that can help you. just send me a pm and i'll give you the contact details.