Which district to live in ?

Hi...me and my hubby would move to Singapore by end dec 13 from india.
And with all the info I could gather we are still very confused on which district to find a rented condo in ,

Factors to consider :

Cost less than 4000 sgd
Green
Close to a good hospital with general and maternity services.
Close to mrt station
Expat friendly area of living ...need not be purely Indians infested as we are looking for cross cultural experiences really.
My husband will be working in raffles so that's another point to consider.

At the outset with these issues / factors please help us with some good areas to consider as he will be going to Singapore on a pre visit for housing checks.

You may want to choose a maternity hospital that is near to the city, where your husband is working.  These are Gleneagles, Mount Elizabeth and Raffles hospitals.  Consider a home in District 7 or 9, choice locations for expats.  Having said that, be prepared to pay a premium for homes near city.  You can google for property search portals like propertguru, enterSingapore or easyroommate to find your ideal home that meets your requirements.

Thanks codyfam ,
how about simei or east coast area actually,
V actually looked up places in property guru site and found the houses on rent much much better in size  at least.
How about medical facilities in this area ??

Cheers
Nats

Hi NatashaMunjal,

Please feel free to read the article Health care in Singapore, this might help you to get more information. :)

Thank you,

David.

Semei and the east you can get very reasonable condos, you have the mrt at seeming to raffles place. You can try the condos in semei, for your budget  you can get  to rent a 3 bedroom condo plus utilities. You can try Modena,tropical spring, double bay residences or semei green condos. All are walking distance to the mrt.