Traffic and illegal turns - please READ

Dearest expats,

kindly pay attention to the somberness of the tone of this note. as of late, since August, traffic campaigns targeting expat-populated areas in general were carried out in the State of Kuwait. deportations and the likes were dealt out in aggregate to any that dared to break the law.

now, let us not analyze too much, for the fact of the matter remains that police are tackling the ramifications of an underlying problem as opposed to dealing with the root cause.

I live in Hawally, since the start of the new school year, my life has become horrendous due to the inclusion of yet another school within 5KM from my house; the english academy. the problem is these schools are popping up on areas close to major roads causing a serious congestion in the area. are the cops placed near these schools to facilitate an ease to the bottlenecks? No. the cars are placed on the 4th ring road, which deals with its own traffic of early morning commuters to work.

Whilst driving, I see a lot of expats taking illegal u-turns, to avoid traffic. now yes, based on the above one might think it is ok to do so, but the law is the law. Expats from every corner of the globe are doing so, however, sometimes, sometimes, a cop just happens to be around the corner, or coming up behind you, and should they feel like it, you will be in a heap of trouble.

my friend just got arrested for taking an illegal u-turn. this is no joke, no exaggeration, no hoax. he is a Pakistan national, and his due process will see him jailed till Sunday, his licence suspended, and his car impounded.

make no mistake dear expats, especially those of you that are driving, the worst is far from over. there is a systematic policy in place to reduce the number of expats residing in Kuwait. Sure, he has not been deported, but all of the above for an illegal u-turn seems like overkill.

I leave you with the notion that this could happen to anyone. Wasta or no, it is a helacious experience to be put in the back of a police car.

please DO NOT PURPOSEFULLY BREAK THE LAW, REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION!

I absolutely agree with you. I been driving here for about a year now and see some drivers shouldn't be on the road to begin with but really  someone should do something about traffic in Q8 really it's out of control.