What's my best option?

Hello everyone!

I have been interested in moving to Spain for a long time. My family moved from Spain to Puerto Rico a long time ago, but I was born in New York. I own a tea company here in the states. What do you think my best option is for moving to Spain? Any creative suggestions?

I know Spain is one of the more difficult countries to get a visa for. I know with Cyprus I can get a self employed work visa, if I "deposit" a certain amount with the government. Anything like that?

Thanks for any advice!

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Sorry, it is not a good option to ask for illegal advice. And it won't work anyway.

I invite you to have a look at this article: Work visas in Spain

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi! Thanks for the reply and information. But please do not make assumptions that I was asking for illegal advice. No where in my post did I ask for advice on how to illegally live in Spain. I have no interest in doing something like that. I personally see what illegal immigrants have to deal with in this country, and I would never move my whole life just to live that way in Spain. I simply asked if anyone knew of creative ways to obtain work visas. Creative does not mean illegal. Creative simply means easier than the traditional method of company sponsorship. Again, thanks for the information.