Urgent Urgent help with STC Mobile

Hello Guys,

I need advice from you guys,

I am new to saudi and i was interested to take internet connection for my laptop.
with the help of my known person ID i decided to take connection.

Today i been to STC office located near qusar mall.

(unfortunately no one knows either English and Hindi and i don't know arabic)

i asked the guy who is working for an offer

"he replied there is an offer SR300 for 3 months and unlimited internet. but unfortunately we don't have sim".

i asked him is there any other option for me.

"he shown direction to other table and asked me to go and ask him"

i went to another guy and asked same ( hdidn'tnt understood me completly and gave me a browcher).

i choose one SR99 /month and shown him .

he said ok and took my friend ID. (before he print again i conformed with him it is SR 99/month).

"he print paper and gave me asked me to pay SR 1368.68"

when i saw that i said i don't have that much money and i don't need it.

"he said it wont cancel and i need to pay"

i spoke to Manager and every one they all saying you need to pay.

i am still wondering they didn't gave me anything except 2 papers and asking me to pay SR 1368.68

so guys help me.

what is the best action and what i can do?

will be on my friends ID ? am i must need to pay?
can i approach any consumer court?

thanks in advance

Do you think in the consumer court(if it exist here) you will find people speaking English ??? 
Take someone your friend or colleague who speaks Arabic to the STC office and try to explain the situation.

Max

SERIOUSLY! None of them seem to know their job with STC I had trouble with them too! they have subscribe me for various offers and when the offers is finished they did not inform me the offers expired so I had a shocked I had to pay lump sum of money as well! No point arguing with them! as its goes on and on and if you don't pay your bill, it will carry on until you leave. And you still have to pay it in the end. You'll be lucky to get justice with this people!

That's sad , they don't understand Arabic properly  :(

And you know people are so arrogant , specially when you're an expat who doesn't know arabic , they'll eat your money !

You should've asked more details , months of payment , etc , other charges !

I guess it was 99/Month , but Prepaid for a year maybe  :unsure

You should have a talk with the manager in the store , take your friends who speak professional arabic !

They'll rectify your problems for sure !

sad to hear these customer complaints.

there is a language barrier here in saudi. and that's a company problem to address as a result of more saudis employed but no interpersonal skills with expatriates more so in the english language.

but let's go back to his problem, yes you have to pay the amount registered under your friends iqama id. i think you were given a better service with that amount. what can you do with a 99 sar subscriptions, it wont last long.

Sorry to hear that, the staff at STC  are usually good but I guess only if they understand you!! Language is still a problem in this country,  but the offer you got is the same thing as the 300sar  but instead of , 3 month is for a year so it isn't that much of a problem

my biggest issue with STC is that when i'm not on a weekly plan/monthly plan they are constantly deducting money even though i never used minutes/data- the STC people know english well enough to communicate