Hang out and explore this city together and do some photo shoot !

Good morning. I am a Malaysian and arrived in Beijing since November last year. I speak English and have been learning Chinese since I came. I am a keen photographer and always on a look out for good pictures, especially on the everyday lives of the people who has made Beijing their home. If there are any who are interested, we could hang out and explore this city together. Currently staying at Park Avenue near Chaoyang Park.

Hi RodneyLooi,

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Beijing Forum for better visibility and more interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat.com Team

You live near to mine. Nice to meet you.Chaoyang park is beautiful for you doing photo shot. I like to go around and do some rest in that park.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Hello. Good afternoon.
Sorry for late reply. Was away for awhile. Just came back from a 2 days hike and overnight camping at Gubeikou and Jingshanling Section of the Great Wall. Great opportunities for pictures. Took over a thousand pictures.

What are your favourite subjects?

Like you, Rodney, I love taking pictures of everyday activities of people. Unfortunately I am not in Beijing so we cant go out and hunt pictures together. Though that would be fun :-)

I hope you're enjoying your weekend! :-)

Annie

Hi Rodney,

I would love to go out and take some pictures as I am learning photography as well. I might also get some advice from you on taking pictures. Just give me a shout out on your next adventure and I will try my best to come. :)

Hei...sure....weekends good for you? Where are you from by the way? Just came back from some shots at Chaoyang Park last week...not too bad with clear blue skies....

Hi Annie
Yupe...Street photography is fun but can be daunting especially when I don't have a long lens...Have been given that "Hei, what are you shooting' stare from some locals...hahahaha...but some of the shots are pretty awesome. I would love to do some traveling to the country side and especially the minority groups if possible to capture their lifestyle. Right now, I am doing more landscape shots of the places that I am visiting. You can visit my traveling and photography blog at [ mynikonni.blogspot.com ]. I am currently having some issues with the VPN I am subscribing to to add a new post but there are some older posts of the places I have been. Just completed a 2 days hike and 1 overnight camping at Gubeikou and Jingshanling and saw parts of the Great Wall in her natural state, crumbled, unrestored but amazingly beautiful.

Just came back over the weekend from this place called the Hangshiqiao Wetlands at Shunyi, approximately 35km outside Beijing. A place with bicycle rides, boat rides etc which is ideal for family weekend outing and also for some good pictures. Lots of migratory birds at the right season too. Managed to take some pretty interesting pictures now that the leaves are all changing colors. If you are interested, you can visit my Facebook page. Search for LAOWAI IN CHINA. Looking forward to see you there and her as well. Cheers and have a good week ahead. Remember to keep warm.