Expat life in Danang?

Hi everyone,

I may have the opportunity to work for a hotel in Danang although it is not guaranteed yet. I just wanted to know what life is like in Danang, I am guessing fairly quiet?

Is there much more of an expat community? Is there a good offering of things to do, restaurants, bars, etc? I will be moving from Thailand so I am expecting the cost of living to be a little cheaper..

The salary is likely to be around 1200-1500USD per month (which may include free housing and other expat benefits)... can I have a fairly decent lifestyle for this money? 

I read that it is close to Hoi An which perhaps has more of an expat community..

Any advice would be appreicated! :D

Will you get a job in Danang or hoi an ? Of course, hoi an more crowd foreigner than Danang for sight seeing, ancient town, history, etc.and with your salary 1000-1200 u can live well in Danang city include house.

I would think you would have a good life style on that money.

Where are you looking to find non-teaching jobs in Vietnam, I am thinking of getting out of Thailand in the very near future, maybe march /april and also would like to get out of teaching here and find something else to do. I am also looking at danang area.

Danang is small and peaceful city in Vietnam with beautiful beach and medium-pace life.With that money, you can have a good life here. Food is not very expensive. After work, you can have some drinks at bars along river...
You will enjoy life here :)

I have applied for visa today , booking flight to HCM on Monday , go then to danang and kam ty

Thanks everyone for the advice... Still deciding whether to move to Danang area or if HCM is the better choice..

Xaviar84 wrote:

Thanks everyone for the advice... Still deciding whether to move to Danang area or if HCM is the better choice..

My all the time question. I love to live in beautiful beach city like da nang, but it's a small city  and there's not many jobs offers over there... Hoi An - a must go place in Vietnam, peaceful, charming, ancient, and interesting