Buying a moto...chinese copies???,,

Hi all,

I want to buy a moto, and would love some advice on the many different types available.It seems u can buy cheap chinese copies here for under $3oo us.In the past, i hve always gone for the trusty honda dream, or wave, but this time due to the price differences, im concidering buying a copy.If you have one or know someone who does, could you let me know how they run, and if they are worth the gamble.Any information will be really appreciated.Thanks.

I don't ride a motorbike in Saigon but I've observed some friends who bought Chinese made bikes. Many components begin to break after a few months or become loose and fall off. I see a lot of tape used to hold things together. One friend was applying the brake handle and it broke off right in her hand. If the strength of a small Vientnamese woman can do that I wonder how much sooner that will happen to a man's grip.

I think with 300 USD, u can buy a real second hand honda one. Dont try to buy a Chinese Copy. It will cost your money to fix it. I myself experienced. Chinese Copy spend alot gas and cant ride fast... try to find a second hand Honda one, like Honda Dream or Honda wave.. I think the price not too high at all.

Thanks for the replies guys, in the end i found a honda wave for 7 million vnd with a great engine, which i am currently nursing back to full health!!