Need Some Information , Pls Help

Folks,
I am an Indian and would be moving to Helsinki for 1 year .I would be coming with my wife and small kid .

How should one do house hunting here in helsinki ? I would be looking for furnished /semi-furnished 1 BHK apartment . How should i start ?

My work location is near city center , where should i stay , i dont mind travelling 30 -40 mins .

Whats is the approximate rent for 1 BHK ??

Please help

Thanks
Suren

What does BHK mean?

Sorry abt that.1bhk would mean apartment with 1 bedroom, hall and kitchen.

I hope its clear now.

Thanks for your reply.
Regards
Suren

There aren't many furnished or semi-furnished apartments available in Finland. Either they are big and expensive or meant for short-term accommodation (Forenom) and thus expensive too.

Go to http:/www.vuokraovi.com/ They have an English-language version of the site.

Thank you very much Sir .

Regards
Suren

Another thing: your '1 BHK' would translate as '2 h' in Finnish rental abbreviation lingo. Public transport is very good, so if you want to save money, you can look at apartments in little towns along the railroad not far from Helsinki. In the very center of Helsinki, accommodation is expensive, and usually gets cheaper the farther you get.

Also, Finnish kitchens always come with at least a stove, a sink and a refrigerator. Cabinets too. And heating is usually included in the rent, unless otherwise indicated. For electricity to power your fridge etc. you sign your own power contract with the utility, but that does not come to much, as apartments have district heating and are not heated with electricity.

Hello.
you can try oikotie website, there you can search based on squares meters, prices, room numbers, areas and so on..
hope that helps!