Is QP a good company to work for?

Any information on how they treat employees would be great!

Thanks

what position you are talking about?
in general as far I know they are good.

A job as a unix system admin. No job offer, but I did get a message about being on a short list. Just thought I'd check in with this forum and see if there is any company info.

All things considered, QP is one of the best companies to work for in Qatar - but it really depends on your situation, background, position, grade ..etc.

Just started there myself not too long ago - can provide more details if needed.

I still haven't heard back. Maybe that short list is not so short after all. I would like to know how the hiring process works. I'd also like to know how long everything takes. It seems all my applications in the middle east are going really slow, but that might just be compared to here in the states.

When I worked in the United States, the whole recruiting process took less than a week from first contact till an offer is at hand.   

Forget about that in this region, the "average" recruiting process can take is 3-6 months and sometimes much longer.  sometimes positions are simply put on hold or filled and you are in the dark.  Set your expectations correctly so you don't get disappointed.  Same applies for Qatar in general as in the rest of the region.  Very few cases where you can wrap things up in less than 2 months.  So do not put all your eggs in one basket.   Things go at slower pace and the sheet volume of candidates for each position does not help the situation.

That makes me feel better! I was starting to wonder about my qualifications and resume. I'm not sure how many applications QP gets for a Senior AIX admin, but I'm guessing it's a lot.

1/ They do get many, many candidates for each positions/

2/ They have to sort through so many unqualified candidates.  You will probably find 100 CV for Windows Admins applying for the Unix position.

3/ They are slow a bit.

QP are the best to work for I think, have been here for four months now and am looking forward to continuing my career here!

Welcome to Doha.   Indeed, QP is a good place to be here in Qatar.

Trisara, any updates on your situation?