Need help of finding a place to stay while visiting Phu Quoc...PLEASE

My wife and I plan to visit Phu Quoc from November 20 - 24. Last time we stayed was at a place called SEA STAR (bungalow #19). It was very nice.  I called them yesterday and they say they are FULL in November. ANY RECOMMENDATION?

We need a Bungalow (stand alone) for privacy and Air Conditioner. It seems that everything is REALLY EXPENSIVE in November (on Phu Quoc island). What gives??

The places we are looking at are:  Tropicana Resort; Resort Cassia Cottage; Mai House Resort.

ANY RECOMMENDATION??

Thanks,
Tien Tran

thuy4tien wrote:

My wife and I plan to visit Phu Quoc from November 20 - 24. Last time we stayed was at a place called SEA STAR (bungalow #19). It was very nice.  I called them yesterday and they say they are FULL in November. ANY RECOMMENDATION?

We need a Bungalow (stand alone) for privacy and Air Conditioner. It seems that everything is REALLY EXPENSIVE in November (on Phu Quoc island). What gives??

The places we are looking at are:  Tropicana Resort; Resort Cassia Cottage; Mai House Resort.

ANY RECOMMENDATION??

Thanks,
Tien Tran

In November, everything is expensive because they know tourists from Houston start to go there.  :D

I can't give you any recommendations since I haven't been to Phú Quốc Island.  I just find it fishy that they told you the place was full considering the tourism industry is slowing down and hotel rooms (at least at the Big City) are vacant enough that hotel managers are reducing their fees.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

In November, everything is expensive because they know tourists from Houston start to go there.  :D

I can't give you any recommendations since I haven't been to Phú Quốc Island.  I just find it fishy that they told you the place was full considering the tourism industry is slowing down and hotel rooms (at least at the Big City) are vacant enough that hotel managers are reducing their fees.

LOL. The big city, perhaps. I have a sister-n-law who's family is still in Phu Quoc. They told me that from late Oct. - March is peak season. Mainly tourist from Russia. Talking about the mafia taking over.  I know that they turn Nha Trang into little Soviet Union...CRAZY.  I am out of ideas and hate to bother my sister-in-law's family to go and scope out resorts for me. What I used to pay $60/night...now expect to pay around $80 - $100US/night.  Been on Phu Quoc twice and the island is quiet and nice.

check agoda

(Moderated: Free advert is not allowed. Please register in the Phu Quoc business directory)

you should ask Chris Fox, he has a bungalow there :)

No VIETJET!

Unless you do not mind getting your flight delay, delay, delay and delay..

[Moderated: Free advert is not allowed. Please register in the Phu Quoc business directory )

Ha! Come on, are you the CEO of slowjetvietjet?

It is based on my personal experience. My flight delayed a couple of times. I got into Hanoi at 1.30am!!

Anyway, I am not running a travel agency like you do. Oppss by the way, this is a forum that allows users share experience to help one another. Try not to do too much hard selling!

Noah

Stay away from Moon Resort in Dương Đồng.  Shabby.

We have a bungalow out in Hàm Ninh, it's tiny any only bike-accessible and no AC but it's quiet and off the beaten path.  We could let you use it.

thuy4tien wrote:

ANY RECOMMENDATION??

Thanks,
Tien Tran

I stayed at Saigon Phu Quoc resort years ago, think it is too old now. Can you read Vietnamese? If yes, give a try to some "Vietnamese groupon" such as hotdeal, nhommua, muachung... May get better deals for luxury resorts than go directly to agoda.

Phu Quoc is a very nice place to go...

Make sure you get to the night market.  Don't bother with the second half, it's just kietch, unless you're a mineral collector. 

The seafood is some of the best in the world

Last year in October my girl friend and I stayed at the Tropicana Resort in a beach side Bungalow was very nice and the staff were very friendly and it has a nice pool. As per most resorts in VN the grounds are a little run down but was fine. The Bungalow was good. This October just gone we stayed at the Mai House resort the grounds and restuarant were much nicer and the Bunglow was about the same standard as the Tropicana but no pool. The Mai house is a little further from town but was still easy to get too by motor bike.All in all both were very good with the Tropicana being much cheaper at $60 per night and the Mai House was $115 per night so not cheap for Vietnam but both right on the beach.
Hope this helps.

Hey Chris,

Looking forward to buy a property in Phu Quoc, need some advise.. where to buy for expats.. not too expensive, decent location.. safe for family.. how's life there? What is the average cost for expat to get a property there... how the local authority & people there.. treating foreigner?

Tks ahead.

Lawrence.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct