Classic Car import

Does anyone have a web site I can get to see the process of importing a classic car, 1946 Willys CJ2A completely restored. If it is at all possibe to get it imported.  Any info would be great.

Thanks
Chuck

As long as it fits the definition  of classic you can import it. I don't know the rules and I am not sure how to find them.  Hmmmmm  we will wait to see who else chimes in here.....

Willy's are awesome!!! I used to collect the pickups.
As far as importing a classic. I'd only even try if you plan on dieing here. They're pretty rigid about older vehicles.  But hey, you can do whatever you want if you throw enough money at it.
Good luck!!!

:cheers: yes its possible has long the vehicule is older dan 30 years it doesn't. Have to be in AAA condition.  You need a letter from a local classic car club and pay the import tax fob

Funbuggy welcome and thanks for the info.

Do you live here in the DR?

Bob K

Great info, thanks!

i thought it was twenty years old that it had to be. would someone please clarify the age the car has to be?
thanks,
psh

do you have a link to someone from the classic car club of the dom rep? can't find it on the web - very little info on how to get an older car in. i was told twenty years old but you say thirty. any link would be much appreciated. thanks, psh