Coconuts and coconut oil

Hi, just wondering if there is anywhere that sells good, pure coconut oil, if not, mature brown coconuts I can make oil form?

Many thanks.

Have you tried the Benh Thanh Market? Most probably the place where you can find lots of things related to food but a little pricey as it caters to foreigners.

@Dathancha : Coconut Oil  - Food ? .......HAHA ! it is for using not for Drinking  :)

Really? Haha. Thanks for educating me on that. I thought it was for cooking or something. My bad! :) What do you use that for?

Oh yeh, coconut oil has lots of good uses. It's great for the skin and hair (massage in). Good for putting on food and cooking with. It has great health benefits, better than olive oil and it's delicious! :-)
Hmm, maybe Benh Thanh Market, I'll keep a look out next time I'm there. Thanks.

Claire_ wrote:

Oh yeh, coconut oil has lots of good uses. It's great for the skin and hair (massage in). Good for putting on food and cooking with. It has great health benefits, better than olive oil and it's delicious! :-)
Hmm, maybe Benh Thanh Market, I'll keep a look out next time I'm there. Thanks.

It's Ben Thanh Market.  If you write it with the H, it reads like a hospital or someplace for sick people.  With the accenting, it's "Bến Thành" Market.

http://images.travelpod.com/users/ngrick/13.1282250917.ben-thanh-market.jpg

Claire! I just pm you the link from where you can buy it.

You can take a tour down to Ben Tre, particularly the Truc Giang area.  There is where coconuts are grown and the oil is extracted.  You can buy it cheap, along with many other products made out of coconuts.

[moderated: no ads + pls recommend it on the business directory]

Hello there,

I just bought pure coconut oil in the supermarket inside new Vincom center. It's called Diep Tie Gia Dinh. there is another diep tie gia dinh under XI riverview in District 2.
159.000vnd for 500ml.

Hi Claire,
I have 2 bottles of 200ml each of coconut oil (not food grade) that i'm using for my hair. I can give you some if you don't need a lot. This oil is from India, brand Parachute.

Pandagao wrote:

Hello there,

I just bought pure coconut oil in the supermarket inside new Vincom center. It's called Diep Tie Gia Dinh. there is another diep tie gia dinh under XI riverview in District 2.
159.000vnd for 500ml.

I also use this coconut oil for bath by myself. This coconut is extra vigin.
There is one place I also love to buy coconut oil is Bang Lang Spa. You can find the place address: 91B Võ Văn Tần P.6,Q.3, TpHCM

cheers

Great ive been looking for coconut oil ill be sure to check it out, its supposed to be great for cleaning your teeth.

Thai hoa shop in 60 ham nghi street , District 1 . they sell coconut oil from India and Vietnam also . you can ask them for order . Good luck

wow i can't believe that coconut is so useful here. I definitely will find and try it. thanks for sharing!

mr.cit wrote:

@Dathancha : Coconut Oil  - Food ? .......HAHA ! it is for using not for Drinking  :)

young green or yellow coconuts have the water in them. :D

mr.cit wrote:

Vietnam has yet to catch up on recent dietary findings, but coconut oil (and the derivative pure MCT) is an increasingly popular substitute for cooking oil in North America and there is a substantial amount of research to prove its advantages over vegetable and even (gasp!) olive oil. Google "coconut oil mct advantages".

Personally, I've been using it for frying as well as blending it into my coffee every morning for the past month or so. The cheapest place I've found is the Maximark on Cong Hoa St. VND60,000 for 500ml (extra virgin, made in VN).

You can also get some at Tax center department store Q1, Anam gourmet shop on Hai Ba Trung and the Organik shop in Anphu...
I buy mine 120k for 500ml (Virgin cold pressed)..