Indian school admission

Hello,

We are an Indian family with 2 kids moving to Oman (Muscat) by November. Will I be able to get admissions in an Indian school for classes 1 and 4? Is it possible to apply now before reaching there ?  Appreciate your help

Getting admissions to any of the many Indian Schools is a humongous challenge in Muscat. Suggest you first register your interests in the Indian School's website. That would be the first step. Choosing a school closest to where you intend to stay must be borne in mind. Else, travelling for small children would prove to be very difficult. Getting admissions in the middle of the academic year would add to your woes. The only possibility would be to get some Board Member, or someone really high up in the Indian Social Community's ladder, or someone of influence in the Indian Embassy to recommend your children's case strongly. Good luck.

Hi,  Grade 1 will be very difficult to get admission Indian school Marbella May be the only choice which is very far from city now it all depends where u r staying here. Evening shift in  ISM or Wadi Kabir you may get. Even I have shifted just now and evening shift I got my Grade 1 kid reaches home at 8pm. Here their are no school transport, so Pvt. taxi you have to arrange. Incase your company provides then ok. You can register if your husband has a resident visa otherwise no. Even registering guarantees nothing. You need to have very high level approach to get it , even with that I could not get into the school of my choice. All the best.:)

Thanks Sumitran and Shalooraman for your replies. The company will be providing our accommodation, so we are not sure where we will be staying. My visa is not yet done, will be ready only after I arrive there, which will be more than another month.

Thanks again.

Hi ,
Hi,

I too had similar concerns regarding schooling. My child is in grade 1 now and is due to complete classes by mid march. We are also likely to move to muscat by that time. My husband has got an offer from Bank Sohar( Head office )and he intends to be there by Feb 1st week. I need to know the following;
1.  which is the best locality to stay, w.r.t proximity to a good school for our kid.
2. When does admission intake for grade 2 begin?
3. what are the procedures to get admission during mid-term?

Regards,

Megmat