Suggestion about travel in Lao

Hello, Im Giang.
I have plan to travel to Lao about 1-3 weeks for tourism. I dont have much money, just 500S. Please give some advices about transportation, food, and accomodation. And do you think that community tourism is popular in Lao? am i able to joine a local family for accomodation without worry too much?
Other case, i graduated from social work, do you know any NGO need volunteer or part time staff. I am very appreciate your support! this is my skype: legiang88 please contact in need.

Hi Giang,

I see you are from Hanoi. If you travel Laos (as traveller, not toursit), you can catch a sleeping bus from Hanoi Underground Bus Station (Ben Xe Nuoc Ngam Ha Noi) to Vientiane or Savanakhet. There are many Viet oversea people are working and living in Vientiane and Savanakhet, too.

You can apply your CV in http://www.directoryofngos.org/pub/index.phpLAOS NGO NETWORKS

There are many jobs in Vientiane for you reference.

When you want to visit Pakse from Vientiane, you can catch sleeping bus from Vientiane Northern Bus station to Pakse Bus station. In Pakse, you can call to me. I am living in Bachieng, far 20km from Pakse now.

Many thanks, chi Hong Minh! Very excited! I am really eager to take that trip. I hope i could take that trip before 12 when rain season is ended there..

I see many community development job at your reference page and try to apply some position...and now..im praying they will read my application :D:D:D

Have a nice new week!

I think if you want to live in Laos few years, it is not much problem because many jobs for working in Laos, special in Vientiane.

In my area, small town, not many jobs but you can still find a job in Vietnamese company or foreign companies in here.

Sure that, I am not sure weather in Vientiane but in Bolaven Plateau (Highland) as Paksong area, we are in big & heavy rain and everyday in rain. End of Oct, the dry season start so you can start your trip!

But from now to there, you should register a Laotian Language Course in Hanoi, you will have more chance to find better job in Laos if you can speak Laotian language. I went here with only Vietnamese and English, so I met many difficulties for communicating, sharing, going...

N.G.Os often priority candidates who can speak Laotian language. And other reason, learning Laotian language in Laos is more expensive than in Vietnam.

Hope to see and meet you soon in Laos!

You are right, chi Minh! I got some responses from NGOs. They said that they need a local who are living in laos, at least, can speak Laos langguage..

I dont have friend or relatives in Laos, do you think i should try to seek some jobs now and send my application before that trip? i am not sure if i could find a job a round a month (without visa).

Hi Giang,

Firstly, I want to know where in Laos you want to first arrival? Vientiane or Luang Prabang or Pakse or Savanakhet?

Because I am living in Southern Laos (exactly Houyhee Village, Bachieng district, Champasack Province - Pakse suburb), so I am only clear about Champasak province. There are some Vietnamese companies in Champasak which are coffee plantation companies and they recruit Vietnamese workers and officers.

If you want to join N.G.Os, firstly you have to be fluent in Laotian language because almost N.G.Os staffs have to work with local people, support them, training them...

I think, you can go to Laos with non-visa first then find some part time jobs in here if you only want to adventure and discover Laos in few weeks or few months.

Or if you want to stay in Laos, you can find job in Vietnamese companies firstly when you can not speak Laotian. But I think you should go firstly, find job secondly because almost companies need to interview you face to face, not only see your CV via email then allow you to become their staff/member.

Asap, should join Laotian language course. I think it is useful for you, not only for find a job in Laos. If you are good at Laotian language, you can work as Freelance Translator for some Notary Office in Vietnam or in Laos...

Puzz me if you need any more Laos information!

Hi Giang,
when I travel I often look for accomodation on Couchsurfing website. Don't know if you've heard about it - it's a great way how to meet local people who will accomodate you at their home for free. There's a comunity of about 80 Couchsurfers in Vientiane. I only have good experience with Couchsurfers, you need to register on couchsurfing.org/

Many thanks chị Minh, im reading to make my plan clearly.when it finished, i will show you..

Hi, Thank you for your suggestion, that page is very uesful for me and other travellers. i found many BIg information in each country and trying to connect with some from laos.:)