Living with kids in Dubai

My husband and I are considering moving to Dubai from Canada.  We have a 6 month old son and would like to have another child in the near future.  My reading indicates that a 45 day maternity leave, with full pay, is granted.  Is it possible to extend the maternity leave?  The most important issue is childcare.  Does anyone have any suggestions on childcare, i.e daycare vs. nanny and cost comparisons.  Are daycares regulated as they are in Canada and suggestions finding an honest and reliable nanny.

Thanks!

Most expatriats in Dubai opt for a nanny from one of the Asian countries. There are some possible pitfalls though:

- you will have to get a resident visa for your nanny. Check if your employer (or your husband's) will provide support, and what the current legislation says (I left Dubai almost 2 years ago, so some rules might have changed).

- Often people from poorer countries come in as a nanny to get a resident visa, but then disappear. As the sponsor for your nanny, you (or your employer) are held responsible.

Hope this helps,

Peter