Moving to dubai-living in Satwa, any advice?

hello! i am going through the last stages for a possible job prospect in dubai. Apparently the accommodation is in Satwa. can anyone offer any advice? tips etc??? also where can i locate pics on the net to just check it out.... any advice would be great!!! thankyou :)

Satwa is an older suburb between the beaches, the old city of Dubai and 'New Dubai' mainly residential with a large shopping area and many restaurants. It's one of the most interesting parts of Dubai in my opinion.

There's a whole range of accommodation from overcrowded old villas and apartments where companies house their employees to new blocks. None of it is luxrious but some is better than others.

If you Google 'Dubai' and 'Satwa' you'll find some info.

If you can ask your employers to give you the neasrest landmark (Is it on Al Dhiyafah Street? Or near Iranian Hospital? Or next to Rydges? Or or or?) and let us know, we might be able to describe the specific neighborhood. Some of the housing in Satwa is kind of glitzy, some of it is old villas, some new flats, some run-down roach motels you wouldn't put a cat in. Depends on where, exactly.