Looking for expat friend in subic

Hi, i love going in subic bay, i was assign there in the last two weeks and i want to come back again, and i am hoping to find an expat friend whom i can go out for food trip and see the whole subic and share good things and ideas to each other.

I go up to Subic quite a bit, but there isnt really a whole to see and do. I only go to ride my motorcycle and have bfast or lunch. Only decent stretch of road in the Philippines, that was before the bridge on SCTEX washed out. But I hear that have put up a temp bridge.

Baloy has some decent beaches and you could dive the shipwrecks if the water was more clear, but its technical diving. Subic has duty free shopping and a bunch of western restaurants like texas Joes, but nothing special. The outskirts does have the only standing rainforest left in the Phils, courtesy of the US for forbidding logging on the base.

dhnindc wrote:

I go up to Subic quite a bit, but there isnt really a whole to see and do. I only go to ride my motorcycle and have bfast or lunch. Only decent stretch of road in the Philippines, that was before the bridge on SCTEX washed out. But I hear that have put up a temp bridge.

Baloy has some decent beaches and you could dive the shipwrecks if the water was more clear, but its technical diving. Subic has duty free shopping and a bunch of western restaurants like texas Joes, but nothing special. The outskirts does have the only standing rainforest left in the Phils, courtesy of the US for forbidding logging on the base.

thanks, i have been there for the last two weeks becuase of work. I don't dive  and im not an american, its just im looking for an expat friend who lives there so when i get back for work i have friends that i can talk or going out with. While i was there i feel broring because i have no friends taht i can go out after working hours, though i have known some people and becomes friends at work but unfortunately they cant go out with me because after working hours they had to go home for thier families.

I was just there 2 weekends ago and this week am riding up to Vigan, La Union and then back, but will be a wet and wild ride.

There are a lot of expats, but mostly ex military retirees married to filipinas. Maybe next time I am up for lunch, will let you know.

oh sounds like you having interesting rides with your motorbike :) sure sounds nice, but i dont know when will i get back in there now im back here in manila but surely i will be back in subic.

Subic is a lot nicer than mnl, I live here but riding on edsa sucks. Going up to tagaytay is getting to be troublesome with all the traffic as well.

yeah that is true, what caught my interest in subic is thier forest, their clean roads sorrounded by diffrent kinds of trees, on the way going to giga mare inc. and going to acean adventure is really nice. :)

hi ms. marsha, in some way you are right, but wages in manila is hiegher than any other provinces and this is one of the reasons why i moved here. There are many clean and good places here too but im not saying manila as a whole is clean and wonderful place, if we are talking about the environment i will choose subic i stayed there for two weeks, the office where i was asigned is in SMA compound no pulution, no trafic all motorist are very disciplined. I was always having my lunch and dinner in some restaurants inside harbhor point but my best choice is the cocolime. :). i want go back soon :)