High Schools in Abu Dhabi

Considering a move to A.D. but first must find school placement for our Grade 11 student (Grade 10 currently, Gr 11 in August.)  Having contacted both American schools we find that they give priority to American citizens (we are Canadian) and already have waiting lists.

Any advice on other International schools to try?  We would prefer not to enter the British system if possible.

Thx for any advice.

We're Canadian too, my son grade 7 goes to the Canadian International school and my daughter grade 9 goes to the Glenelg school of Abu Dhabi, but she's thinking to join her brother next year.

I have checked the American International school and Al-Raha International , but it seems it's very hard to find a perfect school for your own child.

Good Luck

I saw you mentioned you had a child at the Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi. Would you be willing to elaborate on your thoughts about the school. So far I've only read negative comments. Thanks so much. :)

Hi - you need to ask this of 0Tulip0 as she responded to my question about schools.  We were able to get our daughter into American International School of A.D.

Send her a note and hopefully she will have some good comments for you.

Do you belong to Abu Dhabi Women. It has a forum and there are lots of posts about schools there. 

Good luck!

Here's a list of Abu Dhabi High schools I found on the web:

Abu Dhabi International Private School
Al Karama Street, P.O. Box 25898,
Abu Dhabi
T : 02 4434433
F : 02 4436052
W : www.aisuae.com

Al Rayyan National Private School
Rowdha Area, P.O. Box 46515,
Abu Dhabi
T : 02 4464575
F : 02 4434520
W : www.alrayyanschool.com

American International School
29th Street, Airport Road, Maroor,
Abu Dhabi
T : 02 4444333
F : 02 4444005
W : www.aisa.sch.ae

Al Worood School
4th Street, Off New Airport Road,
Abu Dhabi
T : 02 4448855
F : 02 4449732
W : www.alworood.sch.ae

American Community School
Sheikh Sultan Bin Zayed Street,
Street No. 32, Abu Dhabi
T : 02 6815115
F : 02 6816006
W : www.acs.sch.ae

International School of Choueifat
Mohamed Bin Khalifa Street,
P.O. Box 7212, Abu Dhabi
T : 02 4461444
F : 02 4461048
W : www.iscad-sabis.net

Al Nahda International School
P.O. Box 815, Abu Dhabi
T :02 4454200
F :02 4451637
n/a

The Sheikh Zayed Academy for Girls
P.O. Box 42989, Abu Dhabi
T : 02 4469777
F : 02 4430110
W : www.szpag.com

Al Shohub School for Girls
P.O. Box 31515, Abu Dhabi
T : 02 4464800
F : 02 4432727
n/a

The British School- Al Khubairat
P.O. Box 4001, Abu Dhabi
T : 02 4462280
F : 02 4461915
W : www.britishschool.sch.ae

Hope this helps
Arlette

PS : I did not have the time to check if all websites are functioning as I'm packing to move to R.A.K.
If any links are not OK kindly correct hereunder

I need more information about Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi plz...I need it from experience not from websites... any help and I need more clarification not just nonsense

What do you want to know about GSAD ( Glenelg). I can tell you they focus on students that get A's and B's. There is a huge amount of testing ( at times it seams like there is more testing than teaching). The curriculum is American with a very strong Emiratie twist on it. Boys and girls are separate in different buildings. There is currently no pool or gym ( still coming). They have just openned elementary in Abu Dhabi and Ruwais and will be opening junior high in Ruwais next year. Expat kids will get preference for enrolling unless it is a high up emirate family. They need to sit a test to prove they are smart enough to attend ( A's & B's remember). Staff turn over is higher than the other international schools.

dear All,

I am planning to move to Abu Dhabi with my son going to grade 11.
We are looking for American School in Abu Dhabi. Wondering what is the quality of the school? was reading some other forums and feedback was that building is old, and other comments just so-so.

What's your comments as it will affect my decision to move from Canada to AD. How is the teaching of the school will you call it average, better or best in class. Any comment will be helpful.

thanks

I wanted to ask about ADEC and the schools of Abu Dhabi.  Can someone tell me about the work conditions, student body, generally feel for working there? I may work at a high school in Abu Dhabi. 
I have an M.A. in TESOL, teaching certificate in social studies and French.

Hello - this reply may be too late for Rahul but will hopefully be of use for someone else. The three most popular American schools in Abu Dhabi are the American Academy, American International School and American Community School and Abu Dhabi International School. There are many others that offer an American curriculum but which are targeted almost exclusively to local Emirates children. [Moderated]