Inform me please

Hello to everyone

I am Saurabh from New Delhi (India), i am planning to come to medellin next year to learn spanish in the native spanish atmosphere. I would prefer immigrate to medellin in future so i want to know which visa would be suitable for me ?

tourist visa is issued for max 180 days with extention.

student visa is issued for max till the the time of your study or may be max 1 year i guess, i am not sure about it. is it possible to convert student visa to resident visa thereon because otherwise i would have no option just to come back home.

and is it possible for me to come to medelin on a tourist visa and then i apply for a resident visa  or student visa which can probably give me an option of staying there?

Thanks

What does the Consulate of Colombia say about applying for new visa status while in Colombia?  Ask them in your home country.

If you have guaranteed income from your home country you might look at RENTISTA VISA or PEnsionado Visa.  You have to demonstrate your regular guaranteed income with -for the Rentista, bank statements or statements from a corporation saying you work for them and this is your guaranteed income.

For the Pensioado Visa THERE IS NO AGE barrier and you need show your pension or guaranteed income at a much lower level than the RENTISTA.  Once again check at the Colombian consulate in your home city.
MY BLOG IS AT  POBLADOBOY.blogspot.com

I do not think you can change from Student Visa to a visa leading to residence (you need to be here for five years under a visa for resident status -- (or it could be three years- the info varies!)) without returning to your home country to go to the consulate again.  If you are here on a student visa check at your University for info on this. They'll know.

READERS PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I"M WRONG!  The problem is that the Immigration offices and the consulates are updating their systems and things change.  Please go to the consulate. 

Tourist visas --- I don't know what the status is from your country of citizenship.  With a US or Canadian or EU passport you do not need a tourist visa and you may stay for up to 90 day with unlimited ins and outs.

BTW the rentista visa allows you to work in Colombia.  The Pensionado visa does not.  Both cover your dependants, wife, children, parents if they are financially dependent on you.