Business Visa

How do you apply for a Business Visa there's so much confusion do i need to leave the country and come back with a Job offer letter, or can i apply for a Business Visa while being in Mauritius thanks sent BOI mails still no response.

Depending on the country you're from, you can get a business visa on landing or by prior request before leaving your country.

Visas are not converted in Mauritius anymore, so if you are on a tourist visa, you will probably need to leave the country.  For work permit applications, you need not be in Mauritius, means you have to leave and wait for the outcome out of the country.  For Retired permit application, you can be on a tourist visa.

This is for Occupation Permit not Work Permit, also from Nigeria according to passport.gov.mu it says 2 weeks on arrival, i am assuming when i return and show them the offer letter, they can stamp a business visa on my passport. Also thanks for the response, too.

I've got my Business Visa at the airport when I arrived, it was quite easy to do so: I had to gave them the offer letter signed by my boss, and an accommodation certificate. However this a 3 months Business Visa (I heard the max had been extended until 4 months  now) so they know my date of departure..

@Marion EV thanks alot i feel better i got my offer letter and am leaving for Nigeria today ill be back soon thanx for the reply

Great news!! then enjoy your time there before joining us again ;)

Hi Nadeem
My english husband has been travelling to and from Mu since 1970
staying 1-5 months. There has never been a problem with the normal 6 months visa which we have always had.
We have a house, bank account etc in Mauritius. He arrived in Mu a few days ago, he has only been given a 60 days visa .he wanted to stay for another month.  No reason was given. Has the law changed. I still have my mauritian citizenship.Has anyone experience this?

@Marion EV sorry one last important question, at the immigration where you asked to show how you intend to sustain yourself like cash,bank statement or anything. because i don't want to come unprepared. thanks

Chandraw - If you have Mauritian citizenship then your husband can stay on a 'spouse' residence permit.

The law hasn't changed only the procedural rules. They no longer give a straight 6 month, and they only allow one extension request. So you need to make sure that you ask for the maximum each time.

@dojoVader
They didn't ask me anything about bank account..etc, but they asked me which company will be paying my salary. I am still working under the HQ based in France, so I receive the salary directly from them and not from the subsidiary based in Mauritius so I guess this "detail" was good enough for them.

Thanks so far, is there any grounds for rejection ? my school certificate is pending so am using a letter with my statement of result and my previous work experience well mostly worked in a one-man organization so getting a reference letter wasn't given. anyway coming back on the 15th will see how things go ? but what is the main ground for rejection (hoping not to be anyway just curious)

Hi dojoVader,
well I guess if you've got a job here there is any reason to not let you stay here, just do not forget to give them an accommodation certificate, this will be taken at your advantage. and if you do not know yet where you are going to sleep find any address which could be relevant ;)

@MarionEV i already have an apartment i used when i was in mauritius, the landlord is my good friend so he kept it for me, MarionEV i really appreciate all your responses, as soon as things are settled, i owe you a drink (assuming you drink).

I will be glad to share a drink with you ;) well i used to travel by myself so I understand that the help from everyone is welcome in any kind of situation..