Light fixtures and electricals

Hello!
We are moving from the US to Antwerp area (actually Hove) near Wilrijk.  One of the unexpected has been buying light fixtures and window treatments as customary to the renter. We have a more traditional style that we have not found in Belgium, so we would like to purchase all our lamps and fixgures prior to moving over. How difficult is it to convert all the 110V 60htz to 230v/50htz?  I read that it's also the wattage that will make a difference?  Any suggestions?  I know we can buy convertors but under the impression that it will cost a lot to add that each fixture and some of these are ceiling and wall fixtures.
I am sure this has to be an on going discussion.

I'm no expert, but having also come from the US and lived abroad some years now... from my experience, it's not going to work. You're best bet is to really try to find something you like and order it from europe. The wattage is definitely a problem for things like fixed lighting. Convertors are not only expensive, but HUGE and UGLY... :P Plus, I wouldn't go through all that trouble of buying things you love and bringing it and having it not work.

It is possible but very expensive, you also run the risk of having incompatible bulb fittings. If the electrical device already has a transformer built in it will have a label on saying allowed voltages in this case if it does allow 240v AC you can purchase an adapter. For example a floor light that has LEDS will have a (typically black) square portion with a label on.

AC adapters are easy to find but you can pay anywhere from €2-30 depending on the type, I also find they are a little large and are difficult to place in tight spaces.