Dominican Republic

I am from Paksitan. I want to move to Dominican Republic. Any one could help me about the Dominican Republic that it may suitable for Pakistani or not?

Welcome to the forums!!!  It is hard to say if it will be suitable for you or not. We don't know anything about you.  Here is what I suggest,  go read the other threads and see what you can learn. Then start asking us some specific questions.....

This is a developing nation, full of trials and tribulations,  joy, sorrow, frustration, fun, adventure and opportunity!!!!

It is not for  everyone but it is perfect for some people!!!

Welcome to the forum. As planner said review some of the information here and feel free to ask any specific questions you may have.  This country does not "fit" everyone so do some investigation before making the move
Have you been here before??
You might want to take an extended holiday here and do some first had exploring.
Again welcome

Bob K

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I just want to some answer about my following questions.

1.  I want to establish small size trade business in Dominican Republic. Have any scope?
2.  Minimum how many investment (in US$) is required for small business.
3.  which kind of business opportunity is available?
4.  How many years need to spent in their for Nationality?
5.  May I travel/stay in USA after getting Visa of Dominican?
I hope you will cooperate with me and give reply of my questions.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Hello again.  So  I can answer some of your questions but others no. 

1. Yes you can come here and open a business. Scope depends on you.
2.  How much it will cost depends on what you do!  I have no idea what you might be good at.
3. There are many many business opportunities here,  you need to find one that will work for you.  It depends on your risk tolerance, aptitude,  how much $ you have to invest and your patience..... among many other things.
4. Getting nationality can take over 5 years. First you need temporary residency, then permanent and then you can apply for citizenship and it is not guaranteed.
5. NO you cannot. A Dominican passport is limited in acceptance.

IF #5 is your real reason for coming here then don't bother.It will not get you what you want.  However if you wish to leave where you are for a different environment then it may work for you.  The Dominican Republic is not for everyone, but it is paradise for some.

On a personal note, I am a business consultant!  I can assist you if you are serious about this.  By the way - I make it a policy not to give away business ideas. I either do them myself or assist others to implement them! Sorry,  that is business.

Planner good post. I am not sure he is serious about the DR or just a conduit to something else.

BObK

Thanks Bob,  I agree. I often get contacted by individuals from certain countries looking for a way into the USA or Canada.  This is not that way....

Thanks again for your prompt reply.
First I want to clear my plan that I really want to move any peaceful place where I can give secure and peaceful life for my family.

I hope you will give me some more time for answer of my other questions which raised after your answer.

1. I can invest initially $10,000/= in business (I have already running some small food business in Pakistan) I have no idea about business in Dominican but I can do anything if resulting I can give secure and peaceful life to my family. May I start any small business in Dominican with this amount?
2.   How I can start visa process from Pakistan.

Thank you for the additional information.  Yes you can start a business with that kind of money, it will limit what you can do.

To start the process  email  Wilson Rood  [email protected] and ask him  how to get started.  The process needs specific documentation from your home country. 

By the way you need to read everything you can find about doing business here.  It is very different then where you are now and the more you know the better off you will be.

How big is your family?  Ages of children?  what about schooling?  Do any of you speak Spanish?? If not start learning, you will need it.

Also understand that you will earn far less here than in other countries.
There is a joke on the way to leave the DR with a million dollars is to arrive with two million :)

Bob K

So true Bob.

[Moderated: Off topic]

Not sure of the point of your post and NEVER put your personal information (email and phone etc) on a public board.

Bob K